Note to New Members ×

Zip Fit liner sizing...

Randy Kight

Can any of you Zip Fit guys tell me if Zip Fit liners only come in "whole" sizes, which was explained to me as 26.5, 27.5, etc.?  If I was to go this route, I would assume I would need what I've always used in other liners, and that would be a 27.0.  Current boot shells max out at 27.5, but are marketed as 27.0 (Raichle/Deeluxe).  And...if anyone can recommend a good place to buy, this would also be helpful.

Mountain Slope shell size C (28), Zipfit GP 27.5. Foot dimensions:

• L length: 27.7cm
  • L width: 10.5cm
  • L room behind heel: 1 finger
  • R length: 27.9cm
  • R width: 11cm
  • R room behind heel: 0.75 finger

Forefoot is neoprene, not foam, so is way more flexible.

Edited by daveo

35 minutes ago, slapos said:

I have put in C shell 28.5 zipfit grand prix liner. 

Hmmm, we couldn't get a 28.5 liner into my shells. Crumpled up in the toe area with or without my foot in it. I guess after molding yours, the fit adjusted somewhat.

Just did some measurements:

• The outside of my Zipfits and they measure 28.5cm (if I put the heel on the ground with the toe facing up and then measure the base up to the toe).
  • The inside of the MS shell C is 28.2cm, at the longest possible path (seems to be top of toe box to middle bottom heel where the spring is mounted).
31 minutes ago, slapos said:

Not sure where you live but there was quite a few of them 

http://www.zipfit.com/zipfit-dealers/

I just did a rough search on all of the US dealers and only 2 actually came up with the ability to purchase. USD430. Jesus that's spicy. Mine cost AUD499 (~USD300) including fitting and a few boot mods. Maybe it helps that the guy who did my boots actually personally knows Sven Coomer? Sven is Aussie, too. OtherZzipfits in Australia are AUD499-599 without fitting, though.

My fitter showed me his boots. He has a Zipfit prototype from 15 years ago in them and they're still going strong.

That's weird. My boot doesn't have even close to 290mm inside.

Measured mine again coming out to 282mm. Bootboard slightly shorter.

Maybe the shell sizes are slightly different from different years 🤷‍♂️ I'm sure after molding yours fit perfectly, though! 🙂

Edited by daveo