Note to New Members ×

M24 boots, bindings, (board?) for new female rider

AcousticBoarder

My girlfriend is showing interest in hardbooting so I am looking for a setup for her. Definitely need boots and bindings, I think I have an old board that should work for her, but would be interested in a forgiving one for a new female rider. 

This would be her first time on a board and she only started skiing last season. Hoping to get a few days atleast on the snow and then join for clear cut! 

Edited by AcousticBoarder

I'd put her on rental softboots first and pay for a lesson.  Easier on her, and dramatically easier on you.   Get her into something forgiving to start. 

Hardboots can come later if and when she asks for them.  Maybe that's day 2, maybe it's day 200, maybe never.  But time on the slopes together is valuable.  

I have some gear that might work pretty well. I'm a short, small footed, lightweight carver/rider and I have some older, but still very functional boots, bindings and a board! I have a pair of Raichle SB-323 boots in M24. I also have a pair of Deeluxe Suzuka boots in M24, but these may not be the right boot starting out. I have some Snopro Race LTD bindings that may be a good, easy going binding. And lastly, I have a Hot Shine 154 that is a hoot to ride! I think the waist is around 20cm, so binding angles can be set up fairly mellow with M24 boots!

Let me know if any of this gear would be of interest! We'd be talking a screamin' deal ( I think! ) ! ?

Jeff

5 hours ago, Corey said:

I'd put her on rental softboots first and pay for a lesson.  Easier on her, and dramatically easier on you.   Get her into something forgiving to start. 

Hardboots can come later if and when she asks for them.  Maybe that's day 2, maybe it's day 200, maybe never.  But time on the slopes together is valuable.  

Thanks for the tip Corey! Yeah, I should have clarified that is definitely the plan, and that we will be doing before MCC. I want to get her atleast boots though before then, and such small boot size dedicated bindings are probably needed as well. 

4 hours ago, Jeffrey Day said:

I have some gear that might work pretty well. I'm a short, small footed, lightweight carver/rider and I have some older, but still very functional boots, bindings and a board! I have a pair of Raichle SB-323 boots in M24. I also have a pair of Deeluxe Suzuka boots in M24, but these may not be the right boot starting out. I have some Snopro Race LTD bindings that may be a good, easy going binding. And lastly, I have a Hot Shine 154 that is a hoot to ride! I think the waist is around 20cm, so binding angles can be set up fairly mellow with M24 boots!

Let me know if any of this gear would be of interest! We'd be talking a screamin' deal ( I think! ) ! ?

Jeff

Hey Jeff, thanks for the reply! Now that you mentioned the raichles I just realized I think I have some old gear somewhere including maybe a pair of raichle boots in m24... Let me see if I can find them and see if they fit her, or if I happened to sell them and get back to you. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, AcousticBoarder said:

My girlfriend is showing interest in hardbooting so I am looking for a setup for her. Definitely need boots and bindings, I think I have an old board that should work for her, but would be interested in a forgiving one for a new female rider. 

This would be her first time on a board and she only started skiing last season. Hoping to get a few days atleast on the snow and then join for clear cut! 

I have a Prior Magnolia 167 ladies twin, that I started my wife on, it's stiffer than most of the factory pressed stuff out there so it worked well to transition her from soft to hard boot set-ups. It's in great shape top and bottom $100 + shipping to a fellow forum member in your "unique" situation - getting more women into Alpine....

PM me if interested

Al

Edited by Algunderfoot