Note to New Members ×

After-market Footbeds/Insoles

piusthedrcarve

I've used Superfeet RedHOT insoles for my UPZ boots and quiet happy with its support.  But over 4-5 years of use, I noticed the support has been not same as before.  So I went with custom footbed route and got Sidas and Superfeet Cork footbeds.  But nowhere near me do know how to custom mold it to my feet.  what a shame..  So I got after-market Soles, and Same Superfeet RedHot and tried them.

For hardboots,  I like Sole much more.  Sole insoles that I got is Sole Signature Chris Davenport/CD Thin Insulate insole. It is low profile and has a lot more support and heal pocket than superfeet RedHot.  I decided to use Superfeet RedHOT on softboots and the Sole for UPZ.  

• 11 months later...

Sorry to resurrect a long-dead thread, but I have just come to the realization that I've gone several seasons with NO INSOLES in my boots!    I got them used and just did not give it any thought :smashfrea

It might take some carful work to trim new insoles to fit my boots without having an original insole to size up with.  My local shop sells Superfeet, so I could leave the trimming to them and see how they do.  I wear a men's size 10 sneaker but I cram my feet into 26.5 mondo (US men's 8.5) AT boot for riding.  The shop does not have custom moldable insoles to my knowledge.

Would the helpful folks on this forum suggest I get my shop to fit me in Superfeet, or would I be better off buying another brand of insole online in a size 9 and fitting them in myself?  What are good brands?

I thought my carving was getting relatively good, but I'm stoked to see how much more response I'd get from proper fitting insoles.  I've been trying to drive without a steering wheel for too long.

I use Sidas custom footbeds. If I had the chance again I wouldn't waste my time with anything but custom. Sidas or Boot Doc are the ones I know of that are good. Should be more.

Superfeet I wear in my everyday shoes and runners, but I'd never use them in my snowboard boots again. I tried a brand called Sole which are heat moldable. Didn't work in anything except my work boots I use to do gardening. 

In saying that I have sensitive feet, and you probably don't by the sounds of it. 

Edited by daveo
  • Like 2

I didnt have stock insoles in some boots I just got. So I just crammed my superfeet in a liner, took a picture of the inside of the boot and cut where it needed room based off the picture. Repeated as neccesary. To be honest, probably a tad foolhardy but it worked. Just do very, very small cuts each time.

I agree with Daveo that customs would be ideal. Get those if you can. But personally, I am satisfied with superfeet, for what I'm paying. I really needed the arch support and they provided it

Edited by nuisanceIV