Note to New Members ×

Any good deals on freeride/powder boards?

Guest jeremiah

Guest jeremiah

I just came into a bit of extra dough from work, and I really need a new powder/freeride board. I've been taking my Axis 177 through the bumps and the powder, since I've pretty much trashed my old freeride board. It's working well, but I prefer to keep that board tuned for trenching.

I'm looking at a Steepwater Steep 171, a OSin 4807 (178 if possible) or a Rad-Air Tanker 182 or 192 probably. Would appreciate any pointers to sites selling these at decent prices, or any other equally decent boards. I will probably be riding both softboots and plates on this board, depending on the conditions, so nothing that is going snap on me when I rail a turn. Oh, and they need to take American Express, since work was kind enough to give me prize in the form of an AmEx giftcard. (I'm still considering a Donek Incline, but hoping to find something on close-out and also pick up some new softboots or some TD2s, depending on my mood.)

Jeremiah

Your first stop should be EBay.

The other place is Evogear.com. They occasionally have O-Sin 4807's at a cheaper price than what is on EBay. Good luck finding the 178 on EBay.

Someone else had posted this link on another 4807 thread if you're really interested in the 178:

http://www.wavejammer.com/snow/boards/boards00.shtml

You could also get a Burton Fish. It's also a good powder board, but I prefer the 4807.

The O-Sin 4807 168 will probably be the cheapest powder board you can find, followed by the Fish 156.

Originally posted by Glenn C

I just got a O-sin 4807-178 last week. They had it at Eastern Boarder for $130. ...978-777-5650. I think they said that they had a few left in one of the other stores.

I just called those guys and they got the 178 for $119, but they don't do mail order. I've been trying to talk my buddy into getting a powder board and that guy would definately need a 178.

I am in the area who ever wants one have them get the deck to the leominster store I will pick it up and ship them for you

just either pay EB and tell them that I am going to pick it up OR call EB tell them you want the board, get it to the leominster store and just paypal me the entire sum(including shipping)

for my time add in $10