Note to New Members ×

Advice sought, trying to make a come back

Eboot

21 hours ago, Poloturbo said:

Hey Snowferret. Lets not get this off topic. ? Love the 944. ? Is that Watkins Glen?

Should start a carnuts/gearhead thread in off topic. 

Back to regular program. ?

Very sorry Eboot.

Thanks!  It's actually Lime Rock.  I love the Glen.

Sorry to go off topic.  Anyway, I second checking out Mount Snow.  It's not the biggest mountain, but they have some fun trails on Sunbrook, North Face, and even on the main face.  Plus, they have invested ~$30M this past off-season in snow making IIRC.  I believe they have some of the most trails open in the east this season.  I can't wait to go this season.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanx to all who responded to me.  I have learned a lot and appreciate all the advice and input.  I now have a season pass at Wachusett and have managed to get out a couple of times with intention of much more.  I acquired a Donek Freecarve here in BOL and first ride was pretty good.  Reviewing technique and comments on BOL has made it clear that my 90s style carving is out of date and

@Eric Brammer aka PSR will be helping me to evolve.  Next investment will be new boots, leaning away form Deeluxe based on what I have read regarding heel lift which is a problem for my narrow feet.

@Jack Michaud I have taken your advice to heart but have had to compromise on the metal board for now, thinking that as I explore I should be able to hone in on the right board before buying one when I can afford it.

My daughter has finally found an instructor that she will learn from and is progressing well.

It appears that I have succumbed to the BOL fixation, finding myself here more times a day than I think is ... reasonable.

Hoping to meet and ride with a bunch of you all some time

brian

• Like 1