Note to New Members ×

Sidas insole vs superfeet insole

piusthedrcarve

Personally, I went to custom insoles and have never looked back. For me, superfeet are the closest second I have tried, I have a high arch though so need the extra support the rigid layer adds, but it was honestly no competition. I think mine are instaprints? If these are at all similar I think you would be happy with them. 

I've worked with the Sidas blanks in the distant past, and continue to use their casting unit.

I prefer the polyplast blanks supplied by Sportstech Ltd. The price, and purchase terms are more favorable, and I find the product is just as good if not better.

As AcB suggests, the Instaprint system is very similar.

As used in the video, you'd gain in terms of feedback by way of contour, but no much in terms of actual support or biomechanical advantage.

But then, what else is new.

http://beckmannag.com/alpine-skiing/footbeds1

(Follow the links at the bottom of each section).

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for advices. I went to a ski shop to custom mold them to my feet but they are not familiar with Sidas footbed and do not have proper devices to cook/mold the Sidas insoles.  Then tried to sell me Superfeet insoles, which I already have..   I don't think any shop near me are able to do.  Bummer.  anyone want them? 

I went to super foot at killington, they did some orthotics and then foamed me with the conformable liner, almost ten years ago, cold liners but the heel is still stuck like glue, I had a few pair already from various places, I put them in everything, bicycle shoes, golf shoes, roller skate boots, of course the UPZ’s, and last but not least, horse riding boots, when you ride a horse your feet are always weighted, and the soles spread your weight evenly.

the super foot store takes blanks and forms them, not familiar with superfeet, but if they are worn with out heat molding they are just a step in the correct direction, not an actual orthotic.

Edited by ursle

• 6 years later...

HI Piusthedrcarve,

you've probably checked the retail shops but if they sell the foot beds they should be able to mold them there.  

My question: Does anyone make cork footbeds anymore? I'm in N. California. 

Thank you