Note to New Members ×

Track 700/425 pro

colintkemp

I'm sorry if this had been asked/answered, but do we know if Bomber will be restocking Deeluxe Track 700s in a M28?

Also, anyone ride and have comments on Track 425 Pros?  I was riding HEAD Strato Pros, but they died.  I'm considering 425s if 700s are unavailable. 

To the extent it helps for any advice re: the 425s:  I'm average sized (5'11" 170lbs), aggressive former racer, mainly ride a 185KST/apex plate, and ... I like long walks on the beach...

Depends what you liked about the Head fit. Have you actually tried on a pair of the 700s?

I'm a similar shape to you, 6'0" and 180lbs. I started off in Deeluxe 325s and needed more forefoot width and better heel hold. The Head Stratos Pros I bought gave me the width, and adequate heel hold with some modification.

When the Heads started to crack & fail I transitioned  to UPZ RC10s, (2016 model with the gull wing tongue). Bought mine during the off season sale at UPZ Canada in the same size as my Heads (mondo 29.0 - 29.5). The forefoot width was fine and the heel width a good fit for my relatively narrow (compared to my forefoot) heel. Quite a number of RC10 users have rapidly gone to aftermarket liners and for a range of reasons I've done the same.
Although the UPZ doesn't fit the Bomber BTS there are equivalent aftermarket flex adjustment systems if you don't like what the boots come fitted with. I used BTS on my Heads, but have used the stock spring system on my UPZs.

Hope you find a good fit in whatever you end up buying.

(Useful, thanks. I expect my own HSPs won't last forever, and I've been through the Deeluxe range before without falling in love, hence I'm interested in the info on how the UPZs compare to those. I may leave it a season or two to see how the Mountain Slope thing pans out, and to see what happens with AT boots...)

I have 40+ days on the 425 pros.  The fit is different from the 700s.  225/325/425s are made from a different last than the 600/700 boots.  The toe box is narrower and I get better heel hold than with the 700s.

The 425s are a little stiffer that the 700s, which for me has been a good thing.

425s might be a good option if they fit your feet.