Note to New Members ×

100 days

lowrider

Newest revelation  a quote from the Donald  " Being president isn't Easy " I suppose this may be my last contribution to the forum. Sorry for being so blunt for those who admire the guy but clearly the only ability i have seen come from the present situation is simply a disruption of acceptable standards that only serves to keep people off guard rather than to correct the issues. The Canadian dollar  is profoundly affected by these latest outbursts with respect to farming and lumber but what Americans probably don't hear is that even American farmers and home builders don't agree that Canada is the problem. Wisconsin dairy farmers admit oversupply in their state and large corporate farms are to blame while home builders say that home prices will rise 3-4 thousand dollars with the imposition of a retro active duty on Canadian softwood lumber. Canada is a very large geographical area most of the land is and has been gov't owned since the birth of our country. The United States or more correctly  most States on the other hand had sold off their forests to private owners who will now reap huge profits from the gap in prices for softwood lumber. It begs the question who stands to gain home buyers or Lumber Barons.  Costs to the American tax payer due to the presidents travels to his golf retreat outstrip what Obama was heavily criticized for and we are only into 100 days of Trumps term. An interesting side note is that with a lower dollar value in Canada car dealers are offering huge discounts  on new trucks if you trade in a relatively new one which they sell to American dealers and make 30% on the dollar exchange. Net result for Canadians is you can't find an affordable used truck. I wonder how many times previous leaders have silently done the " right thing " when making tough decisions rather than glorify their own self importance and history hasn't recorded it ? I'm having a difficult time accepting the fact that  in today's world causing disruption is now the essence of leadership. The only other country that makes this point so evident is North Korea.  Corey and Brian i leave this post in your capable hands keeping in mind i did post in the "off topic" as there is no  WAY OF TOPIC. 

• Like 3

• Corey locked this topic