Note to New Members ×

CK's b-day.

FrankNBeans

That's Rusutsu at it's best. It snows so much there it's blue sky only rarely. Flat light with your fresh overnight powder is much more common. When I visited in Jan 2016 I swear it was snowing 70% of the time, day & night, seriously cold, and often a good dose of wind chill. The trees are well spaced, but these days the Aussies and North American's en masse have discovered the inbounds tree riding. The pistes aren't bad for beginner/intermediate carvers either, but only a few steeper pistes for the advanced carver.

• 3 months later...

His trips to Iran and Russia fueled me for many years. He got to ride as a "pro" while he was approaching demi-god status. The Joe Satriani guitar riffs of that era still resonate with me. I'm a full on Winterstick rider from the odd school who knows talent when I see it. CK was was above his years and approach. Kudos to Tom and Jake for realizing such a great power and talent. Outside of marketing, CK is still the standard by which most pros should be gauged. C'mon. He (seemingly) got to live the dream we all seek. I often think of his wife and daughter was an aging grandfather who has three grand-children who are going to ride, surf, skate, snow, sand, and foil. Thank you, CK, for a lifetime of memories and hopes. And style. RIP.