Note to New Members ×

Softbooting it on the Maverick Pipeliner

tpalka

I had posted a photo of some tracks from riding softboots on the SuperSwede (or what is now called Maverick Big Gun).  Had a blast on that board, but recently I upgraded to their new board, the Pipeliner.  Having a great time on it, and thought I'd share videos from the first two days on it.  I'm riding 45F 25R angles in Salomon Malamutes and getting plenty of support.  The board is responsive and very good at holding the edge.  Since I live in Colorado and don't ride bulletproof ice, the board has done very well in our conditions.  On the steeper terrain (seen esp. in the second movie) I'm struggling to hold on, don't commit quite enough and it shows.  Rider, not the board, more stuff for me to work on :)  

tom.

• Like 5

On 3/4/2017 at 0:35 AM, tpalka said:

I had posted a photo of some tracks from riding softboots on the SuperSwede (or what is now called Maverick Big Gun).  Had a blast on that board, but recently I upgraded to their new board, the Pipeliner.  Having a great time on it, and thought I'd share videos from the first two days on it.  I'm riding 45F 25R angles in Salomon Malamutes and getting plenty of support.  The board is responsive and very good at holding the edge.  Since I live in Colorado and don't ride bulletproof ice, the board has done very well in our conditions.  On the steeper terrain (seen esp. in the second movie) I'm struggling to hold on, don't commit quite enough and it shows.  Rider, not the board, more stuff for me to work on :)  

tom.

Vin from Killington, would LOVE this!! He used to rip it on Big Tankers in Softies (until he put Volkl graphics on Harry's boards;; a No-No!!). Looks very much like how a few of my Tankers handle, which is certainly better that I've seen of Lib-Techs.  Nice!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not to compare it to 'old tech', but this looks very much like a Rad-Air Obsession from '92-'93, with perhaps the stiffer fore-foot area of a Tanker 162/167? It has some shape elements of some of Mig's Fullbag boards, or a Jones Hovercraft (though, obviously, and thankfully, Not Rockered, nor with that Magna-traction stuff! Yay, that!). Nice enough, and I'm happy to see it; May yet put it on the 'wanted' list.  

• Like 1