Note to New Members ×

172 Rad Air Tanker, 160 Amplid UNW8, 168 Ride Slackcountry

Buell

For Sale:  172 Rad Air Tanker, 160 Amplid UNW8, 168 Ride Slackcountry

172 Rad Air Tanker - $300 plus shipping

Same board I reviewed here. There isn’t anything else to say.  It is hard for me to sell this one.  It was perfect for my 145 pounds at Powder Mountain in Utah, but now I am spending winters near June Mountain in California and the terrain is just not right for the Tanker.  Powder Mountain was medium angle powder and amazing tree glades while June is steep to mellow slopes with a lot of tight trees.  If you are heavier than me, the 172 will be more versatile in tighter spaces.

The Tanker has some minor base damage and one repaired deeper scrape.  No core shots.  The edges have some minor rock rash.  Otherwise, board is in excellent condition.  258 waist, 10.75 m sidecut

160 Amplid UNW8 - 2016/17 - $300 plus shipping

Amplid is Peter Bauer’s snowboard company and this is his signature board.  As you might figure, it has outstanding edge hold.  Construction quality is very high. It is also beautiful, with its translucent top sheet and carbon stringers.  It is a beefy board for a 160 and at 145 pounds, the 160 is a bit too much for me and I need the 157.  If you are interested in a softy carver and like an aggressive board and/or are bigger than me, you should consider this one.  My buddy, who is an expert rider and 20 pounds heavier than me absolutely loves the board.

The UNW8 is in nearly perfect condition.  It has been ridden 3 days.  253 waist, 8.06 m sidecut

Amplid says:  "Unrelenting edge-hold is a by-product of the UNW8’s full-length Pop Camber and V-Pop Stringers which focus rider inputs at its contact points and intensify its pop ……. This is a board which responds best to the aggressive and powerful riding styles of expert snowboarders."

Amplid website

168 Ride Slackcountry - $150 plus shipping

Fully rockered powder board.  Really fun.  It is well designed, stable, fairly fast, and draws nice arcs.  It is a fairly stout production powder board and should handle plates or soft boots.  It was actually Rebecca’s Powder Mountain deep days board.  We are selling it for the same reason as the Tanker.

The Slackcountry is in excellent condition.  260 waist, 8.4 m sidecut

Please let me know if you have any questions or want more detailed photos.

I am 45 minutes north of Mammoth for local pick up.

The white streaks in the photos are snow.

I only have one board box.  We are not very close to snowboard shops.  If I sell one board quickly, I will need a little time to get more boxes.  

First to commit to paying gets the board. 

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00590.jpg

Buell I can't believe nobody has grabbed that Tanker, I haven't ridden as many boards as you but I can say that I can't imagine finding a better board to get down the deep powder on. I know you take great care of your boards, someone needs to buy this and put a set of Salomon Defenders on it (perfection for those deep days). Kipp

• 3 weeks later...