Note to New Members ×

At a Loss

General Tsao

Yeah that could have a lot to do with it if that's not the right setup for you (and it sounds like it's probably not).  Generally pure toe lift on the front foot and pure heel lift on the back foot is a good place to start, and then experiment from there.  In other words, rotate the cant discs so they line up with your binding angles.  Here is the long version if you want some reading:

http://www.bomberonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/canting-and-lift.pdf

9 hours ago, BlueB said:

The TD lift aligned with long axis of the board adds some inward canting to your boot, which turns your knee towards the toe edge. 

For the front foot.  On the back foot, having the cant disc aligned with the long axis of the board also results in some inward canting which turns your rear knee towards the heel edge.

• 2 weeks later...

Corey, It was all in the can't/lift. As I said, I had max lift straight ahead (in line with board) for both the front and back.   I took Jack's suggestion to move the lift to be more in line with my binding angles.  That was it.  It really came down to me just not installing the TD3's correctly.   I am leaving it as is for now but may tweak here and there to see if any improvements can be made.  That said, I'm very happy and had another fun day today.   The board is so smooth and responsive.  So much easier on the body than my previous 183 Volkl GS board.  

Thanks again for everyone's help and input.  Really appreciate it.

RC

• Like 1