Note to New Members ×

Sun Valley on Fire.....powder alert..carvedog update.

carvedog

Oh my.....Baldy is open for business. To be honest the 'carving' hasn't been as optimal lately because it keeps snowing. I don't usually spend time in the bowls. Too exposed, windy, sun crusted...the snow there hasn't seen the sun in days it seems. Soft billowy powder dreams are daily. It is not the 3 foot dump kind, it is four inches on top of three on top of eight on top of....you get the idea. 

Yesterday I did have the most sublime run on Greyhawk. Three to four inches on top of perfect groom. They groom that side early in the evening and it snowed lightly all night. What a treat to blast out of the barely skied in the last two weeks billowy powder of Race Arena onto Greyhawk and arc some super carves. 

So yes I am pretty fired up for the season now. I taught a lot over Christmas but January is prime time for having no one around. I know it is snowing in many places right now but this is about as good as it gets. The lower south slopes should come into play with one more storm. The upper half of the mtn is riding clean on all aspects. 

Hit me up if you make it over - my official winter hours at the store are 1-5:30 pm so I will be riding every morning and happy to show any visitors the goods if I can. 

I am also working on making Tuesday morning Carve day at group lessons. That means I will show up for Group lessons for carving in hard boots. I will post back when I get approval from management. That would be $175 for three hours of riding. A big savings off of private.

And I am trying to make it to ATC for Thursday and Friday. Cheers everyone. Happy New Day. Every day. 

• 1 month later...

Been too busy slaying the pow to get much hardbooting in. But today was epic. I'm finally getting strong enough to carve entire runs and it has been incredible. I thought last Friday was as good as it gets but today might have been better. And I ran into two other carvers and we tore it up for a few runs. 

Of course its supposed to snow and get warm but the cold smoke was rolling today. 

• Like 1