Note to New Members ×

stance width

steven

being fairly new here, and to new gear after a 15 year hardboot hiatus, I was wonder about what stances people run. I have always used a high angle, narrow-stance tuck knee kind of thing on both soft and hard setups since I started in early 90's. 

I currently am about 18.5-19 on my softboot setups, and 17.75 on my hardboot setup, which is a Coiler nirvana energy 169  and td3's (standard) at 57/48. I plan on adding more hardboot setups to my quiver down the road once I figure out what works for me and what I like.

What stance widths do some of you run, and what do you see beneficial about narrower or wider stances?

thx!!

6'-1" , long legs sort of, 175cm board,  20.5" to 21" stance, 3 deg front toe lift, 3 deg rear heal lift,  Zero (flat) inward/outward.

Can go to 16"/17" stance, Zero front angle/ 3 deg rear angle, 3deg toe/3deg heel, Zero inward/outward,  on a skwal , and that is completely different, but stick with it and you get used to it and enjoy it.

thx for the info Jim and others. Good info on other thread as well. I am enjoying tweaking my stance out on the slopes and noticing even very small changes. 

Would you consider heel/toe lift that is set at the same angle as my bindings/stance, cant? 

Edited by steven

Lift tilts a binding around its' short axis. 

Cant tilts a binding around its' long axis. 

If the slope of the disc and the long axis of the binding plate on your TD3s are aligned only lift is produced.

If the slope of the disc and the long axis of the binding plate are at 90 degrees to each other only canting is produced.

In between a wide range of combinations of both cant and lift are produced.

Edited by SunSurfer
Spell hackers (actually that's not a bad description of a spellchecker)
  • Like 1