Note to New Members ×

Softboot Carving Angles?

barryj

11 minutes ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

Those old Sims bindings were what pushed me into hard boots.

I love it!

They truly where horrible bindings. They did not get in your way though. I broke so many baseplates I would carry spares in my car. 

Edited by MUD

5 hours ago, MUD said:

As the boards get wider, they get to be harder to ride in crud, they get on top of it (sometimes that's ok), instead of blasting through.

Maybe I'm unable to discern between floating and blasting, but in the crud, my 28.7 wide Hazelwood feels like bringing a gun to a knife fight...

54 minutes ago, lordmetroland said:

Maybe I'm unable to discern between floating and blasting, but in the crud, my 28.7 wide Hazelwood feels like bringing a gun to a knife fight...

No, you are right. My 187 Tanker is a 27 and it's a crud buster. 

What length is your Hazelwood? Like it? I am thinking about one.

My Donek sasquatch is a 166 and a 29, it does not like crud, maybe it's the lack of length, or just board design.

31 minutes ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

I've heard the Hazelwoods are a good bit beefier than the Tankers in general.  My 200 Tanker is surprisingly light.

Let's just say I won't forget I have the Hazelwood dangling off my foot while riding the chair. In fairness, it's 4+cm wider than the standard model. And I fully expect to be riding it after The Apocalypse. 

• Like 1