Note to New Members ×

WTH is this ?

davekempmeister

help me figure out what i have here, please.  they are big, heavy and presumably, bespoke.  idk.

since i know nothing about the purpose or function, perhaps i should stop there.   but...................i think they might have something to do with sound or lighting or something.

what do you think ?                                                          anyone ?    anyone ?

post-592-0-85414100-1461798911_thumb.png

post-592-0-83042200-1461798964_thumb.png

okay, thanks PSR and Robert.  

Eric,  these things (i have two) are two feet in diameter and 28" tall,  weighing 40-50 lbs each.

Robert,  your three word answer;  is that definitive or just a guess ?  i associate short answers with confidence.

an adjoining warehouse to my workplace is cleaning out and some day laborer/temp service guys heaved these things into a roll back and they landed on some plywood, right on top.  i grabbed them with a friend in mind (who does some unique art/furniture/improvisation type stuff with discarded metal.

thanks fellas.

• 1 month later...

I found some black plastic planters that slide into these things perfectly and they hang over the edge with a nice aesthetic. They are on each side of the driveway and look like something that might be in front of a Federal building or a courthouse. I will get a picture. The fire pit idea and to use them as the base of a table came to mind.