Note to New Members ×

Abasin or Loveland for beginner?

teach

We're coming to Summit County Apr 26 - 28. A-basin has the "Molly Hogan" lift serving beginner terrain. I haven't seen it. How beginner is that? Compared to Loveland's Home Run...? Looking for suitable terrain for someone who started snowboarding this season and has only been out a few times, still getting used to controlling speed and very cautious about gaining speed without full control of the board.

I'm also interested in suggestions for appropriate board for a 120 lbs, M24 feet. Most soft boot boards are too wide to get heel and toe over the edge with comfortable angles (say 25 degrees or more; interestingly, seems to naturally prefer a more forward stance, a born hardbooter?)

Finally, does anyone have a recommendation for a good instructor?

And I guess I should ask if anyone wants to sell lift tickets to Loveland or A-Basin?

Thanks!

Hey Teach,

Lift 2 has been cut in half now at the old reload station, so it is almost an exclusively beginner lift, and the exit ramp is a little more beginner friendly than some of the other lifts there, especially the offload at the valley and the configuration they had for last season