Note to New Members ×

Upgrade my Loaded Vanguard?

Corey

Yeah, on flat level smooth pavement I am typically cruising along at around 20 kph (under 13 mph).  Mid-20s in mph would be competive cyclist time-trial territory.  I just don't see myself keeping up with our local roadies on my LDP, although I do pass a few casual bikers out gawking at the scenery.

Eric, I'm just using the stock bushings right now.

Edited by Neil Gendzwill

Allright Mr. Fullbag, I didn't say 'going uphill' nor 'over flats', just an observation that this class of board can go at a brisk clip! :argue:  Let's all assume heading down an incline...

Antrim is quick lil' beast of a slope, and it has claim to the fastest 100 cone run (Mc Claren), and I believe the second and third fastest, too? The speeds there are legit. :biggthump

I can recall that a few racers balked at my claim of 38 mph at Turri Road's Super-G, but I was pretty sure of it, as the CHIPS officer at the bottom had us clocked on his gun. All one had to do was ask him "how fast was that?". I'd love to see what we'd get out of Hartland Hill in Brownsville, but probably won't ever race on that in my lifetime...

However, I did notice that once Downhillers got used to Maryhill Loops, quite a few put aside their longboard battle-axes, and ran the race on Slalom/GS decks, using the quicker turning and tucked-in wheels to hunt their way thru draft-packs. I know that I've gone 50 mph (car speedo clocked, so some err applies) on my Turner Fullnose, though NOT turning, just tuckin'+truckin'. 

My earlier post on Bennett's instability is just an observation from experience. I didn't want an end-user to be startled by how the truck acts once it's going along at a pace.

If I ever see 20 mph on a skateboard, I've probably been hit from behind and am stuck on the hood of a car.  I have ZERO interest in anything approaching those speeds.  I'm closer to the scenery-gawkers that Neil mentioned, out for a bit of fun.  Not everything is about racing!  

Although, I do feed my speed jollies in this in the non-snowboarding season:  

post-304-0-64536200-1465332085_thumb.jpg

• Like 1