Note to New Members ×

Swaky from Japan

fuzzmac

• 1 year later...

Hello all. I just found this forum and couldn't help reaching out to you though I see this is an year-old thread.

We happen to be running a crowdfunding campaign with a goal to deliver Swaky to snow-sports lovers worldwide.

I don't want to be seen as doing advertising here, but as here is an international forum of snowboarders, I'm really interested to learn more what you think about it.

Please check our project movie here and send in any questions.

@fuzzmac we host championship races since 2014, and pro-licensed riders race with alpine boards. 

@west carven it has a motorcycle suspension underneath the seat! Got more interested? 

@Colozeus can't see which video you originally shared, but powder is OK. Only you'll have to be careful not to trip over as your feet are pointed forward always.

Thanks!!

Edited by Swaky
modify link

I don't know, I would probably give it a shot if there were demos somewhere I was riding, but I think the lack of footrests is a drawback - makes it hard to execute a clean carved turn. I think it could be good for adaptive riders, but again, I think it would be better with footrests for that use. 

@Dan We shared your opinion in our Facebook forum, and one rider replied that he had created a PBC footrest a couple of years ago. He says he found it effective, although he still wants to find a way to fix it rigidly because with adhesives it came off from the board too easily...

Please let us share another video footage here: Developer Toshi Sueki demonstrates carving turns on Swaky .

https://youtu.be/QrlVUP4fBIM?t=19s

スクリーンショット 2017-10-13 11.08.11.png

• 4 weeks later...