Note to New Members ×

Trip to all ski areas in Utah! What board combo?

Jeffrey Day

I am thinking of throwing caution to the wind and taking most of the month of March to ski/ride all (14?) ski areas/resorts in Utah! I am planning on bringing a pair of skis and a board or two. As few boards as possible. I have a pair of Snopro Race LTD bindings that I plan on using that will accommodate my First Degree ski boots that I have. So I have my boots and my bindings figured out.

What board/s to bring? I have a Donek Incline 160, a Prior 4WD 159 and my Donek RC167GS that are my ideas for boards to choose between.

So, should I avoid any and/or all areas on a Saturday? How are crowds on a Sunday? I would rather take weekends off to travel from one area to another, but I may end up having to burn a weekday to rest/recover/travel. Not optimum, but maybe necessary.

My first week seems easy! I was thinking of heading north out of SLC and riding Beaver, Cherry Peak, Nordic Valley, Snowbasin and Pow Mow! 

From here is gets a little tricky on how to coordinate the remaining 7/8 ski areas depending on how the crowds are on Saturdays and Sundays.

Then travel down south on Saturday to hit Brian Head on Sunday and Eagle Point on Monday.

Travel back up north on Tuesday so that I can ski at Deer Valley on Wednesday, the Canyons on Thursday and Park City on Friday. Saturday off to rest!

From there, Sundance on Sunday, Snowbird on Monday, Alta on Tuesday, Solitude on Wednesday and finish my trip at Brighton on Thursday! And then fly home on Friday!

What do you think!

PCMR/Canyons are technically one single resort now, just called "Park City", so you don't have to do them on separate days.  They are interconnected by a new gondola.  I would avoid Park City or Cottonwoods resorts on a Saturday, but that's just me.  Places farther away from the Big City are probably less crowded on the weekends.

I'd probably take the 2 Doneks, one for pow/ soft and one for carving groomers. Also have a couple plan B s ready in case it snows a lot. Sometimes the cottonwoods can close or be tuff to get up if there's a big dump. Make sure your rental car is 4x4 with snow tires on it. Sounds like a great trip! Oh I've got some powder boards I'd be happy to let you take on your sojourn if it lightens your airplane load and I may have some $50 tickets for the bird if you need them.

Ron

Edited by digger jr
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...