Note to New Members ×

What Donek plate for my rev 175

slopestar

I scored a demo 175 Donek rev that I have not yet ridden this past summer. It only has UPM inserts. I am 210lbs and consider myself an aggressive free carver. More bomber style than EC. I like very turny boards so this is my "let it run" board. I have ridden boiler plates and know what they do and feel like so I'm looking for more "feel" as this board requires some type of UPM plate. T-nutting to 4x4 or all-flex isn't going to happen. Unless it really makes sense.

Which Donek plate should I go with?

F-plate or AF-plate? I have been known to break things...need input ASAP! Thanks!

Edited by slopestar

If you want to go ultra-pimp, get the Bomber BP and use the Donek AF hardware.  Light and a low stack height.  Or, take a normal Bomber BP and install stoppers on jack screws behind the front binding to bear on the board.  <-- I don't really know if that works, but I think Tinkler did this for some of his plates.  

But, to back up a second; doesn't Donek always install 4x4 inserts?  They may be in the board but just not drilled.  Talk to Sean.  

That's interesting Corey. I just sold the two Boilerplates that I owned. I have spoken at length with Everret privately and he thinks the F-plate will be the most beneficial. I like the feel but last year, didn't have the legs or proper technique. I have found my groove and know that an isolation plate hinders more than helps my style of riding. The rev that I have does not have 4x4. I bought it that way and got an incredible deal on it as a result. I wouldn't be against t-nutting it for all-flex if I had to as I got it for such a great price. This is a work out the kinks board for me in a size I feel comfortable on. I have a wide FC glass 167 (23.5 waist) that I absolutely love. Leaving to drive from So-Cal to Aspen tonight... Woo Hoo!