Note to New Members ×

MADD 170 - "Arc Angel" [SOLD]

rjnakata

[SOLD][SOLD] Madd 170 "Arc Angel"

White sidewalls, carbon butterfly topsheet. Plenty of pop and tons of edge hold.  A little over 5/8"+  (11/16") of camber, F-2 Flex (two notches in tail) - but seems a little stiffer than that to me with higher camber than normal.

Super Condition. There are no chips, no dings, no gouges.   No “skier rash” on the tail.  There are faint binding marks.  The edges are ding free and sharp, 3 degree. The base is nice and has 2-3 light scratches with a recent structure.  Base is flat across the board.

There was a poorly executed repair when I got it near the tail when I got it.  I had that area replaced with 3” diameter circle of ptex and now it is more than solid.  It does show traces of white epoxy around the perimeter of the ptex, but the base had its first grind just after the repair so if you run your finger it's totally smooth.  That circle shows the kind of carve you'll be making with this blade.

$300

Email me at RJNakata (at) aol com

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

DSC03726.JPG

Edited by rjnakata

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I do apologize for the delay, but I'm been slammed and no much time do look over snowboards....

I really like your board, but I was reading about problems with foot size, I'm mondo 31 size 14 feet and at this point I'm not sure if will be ok for me what do you think?

That board looks absolutely gorgeous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello,

I do apologize for the delay, but I'm been slammed and no much time do look over snowboards....

I really like your board, but I was reading about problems with foot size, I'm mondo 31 size 14 feet and at this point I'm not sure if will be ok for me what do you think?

That board looks absolutely gorgeous!

cfj04 in post #11 says M29 work comfortably for him at 62/56.  At M31 you'd be looking at higher boot angles than that.  

I'm not sure what the angles would be for your M31 boots but since they are 2cm longer than M29 higher boot angles (more parallel to the board) are required in order to avoid toe/heel drag.

I have a feeling you know more about the origins of that graphic than I do.  Can you tell me?

RJ

rjnakata (at) aol com

Edit: from your PJ7.0 on the: "Asym" post it looks as if you already ride pretty high angles...

Edited by rjnakata

The PJ 7, i never rode it, I got from someone on FB, jute because I was looking for something that was better condition then mine, but wasn't.

About the picture looks like a Leonardo Da Vinci draw, but it can be that someone have just use same technique.

If you looking inside the paint u can see that there is inside draw that was typical of Leonardo.

It's a gorgeous board and design.

Generally my angles are 50/45 top!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believed I was the original owner of that board. Sold it to RJ after a local shop had jacked up the base when waxing it. Board was originally ordered with the "Angel" graphic from Madd during one of their Thanksgiving sales. Board was taken from original stock but he had put the wrong tail graphic on it, I can't remember what I had asked for on the tail but it wasn't what I had originally wanted. Board was awesome when I had it so I can vouch for it's performance.

Regards,

Arcangel