Note to New Members ×

Carezza - first FIS Worldcup PGS race this season (2015/2016)

snowmatic

Winners are from Bulgary and Czech Republic ! PAR Worldcup Alpine snowboarding becomes a game of Easter Europe riders.

I was remind Friday evening by news on our nationwide first radio-chain to the first race on Saturday December 12. at 12:30 CET at Carezza (Italy). They had a race preview and interviews with 2 riders of FIS Alpine Worldcup.

Now back to PGS in Carezza:

+ blue sky, but finals are hold on shadow.

- White snow bands on brown and dry mountains. Machine made ice particles for the slope only!

- Single run format! Single run format seems to be established now on FIS Par Worldcup, because they get a broather circle of racers on podium, even if on tiny time difference of heats (+0.07 down to +0.01 seconds). This means more random choice of winners on the podium, instead of presenting the best one Alpine snowboarders.

+ FIS has now installed on webpage a "livetiming" where You can watch every heat from the finals (16 female riders / 16 male riders). So you will be able to see when they start and how many parts of a second the one rider beat the other one.

- No more live Television broadcastings, even not in Italy! (if here are Italiens who saw anything live on TV, they are welcome to give informations)

- even no FIS-SNOWBOARDING tour main sponsor this season, since many season now. Worldcup tour of snowboarders is full paid by FIS skiers.

Even one hour before finals in Carezza there was the first finals on FIS Worldcup SBX too at Schruns (Montafon mountains, Austria). They had all white mountains, but only a thin layer of natural snow beside course. First TV station of Austria (ORF-1) shows it on a live broadcast.

+++++

Carezza results:

Women:

1st Ester Ledecka (Czech Republic)

2nd Ladina Jenny (Switzerland)

3rd Ektarina Tudegesheva (Russia)

Beware: all female riders of Poland / Ukraine / Korea had been faster than any female rider from America (USA, Canada).

Men:

1st Radoslav Yankov (Bulgaria)

2nd Andrey Sobolev (Russia)

3rd Nevin Galmarini (Switzerland)

+++++

So as I resume, things goes more and more on like it could be prevewed from the Years before.

While Alpine snowboarding on classic winter sport nations is no more "en vogue" and totaly out of fashion, upcoming countrys from the East and far East take the lead. Probably on a lower and more poor general snowboard riding skill then we saw ever before (#1).

Even they still stay connected by some parts to their board which are intoduced to market back in 1993 !!! (they couldn't buy them that time in their country.)

+++++

Next race would be hold coming weekend in Cortina d'Ampezzo (Italy) - Saturday December 19. it's a PSL night event.

Due to the lack of snow, FIS Worldcup SBX race of Cortina d'Ampezzo was canceled (first night event SBX ever, see youtube preview of snowboard club Cortina d'Ampezzo / www.snowboardclubcortina.com ). Now they will hold instead of a SBX course the FIS Worldcup PSL race.

+++++

(#1):

Why I wrote above someting about less riding skill?

Yes, it can be nice if there is a rider on WC with a sticker on the nose of the board from your local snowboard-store. Even if there are more riders around (less than 1 hour by car) racing PAR FIS WC.

Otherwise I was highly astonished about a rider which I found on the full result-list of that PGS Worldcup of Carezza!

That young rider was riding-on same time a slope down like me February this Year.

I was dancing/carving beside him on a extra hard icy slope with my old asymetric raceboard (shape outline was as old, like some parts of his bindings). And he wasn't able performing radical turns and to take up my speed and even he couldn't follow me on lower narrow part of that slope, which was to ride like a SBX course.

This U-20 rider had not had a realy good general skill for riding/carving a raceboard, but he race now on FIS Worldcup!

And more, he didn't strike all the other ones snowboarders and skiers on that slope.

This is not to be compared to the Years of ISF racers!

Thats exact the reason why people from classic winter sport nations meanwhile didn't take anymore notice to (the lame art of) Alpine snowboarding!