Note to New Members ×

Monopalooza at White Pine in Warren Miller's latest film

two_ravens

So I need to know, at the premier last night, were there minions spreading rose petal's at your feet as you traversed the red carpet?

As cool as it is, Monoskiers are the red headed step children of the snow sliding world. The Alpine riders know the feeling well. The crowd did respond positively to our segment though... It is pretty cool when I'm watching the movie and our clip comes on, people next to me do a double take on me.The're like "hey that's you". Apparently it's impressive. I'll take it...

Don

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it a couple of nights ago here in Big Sky.  The Mono section was good fun, and to my mind the only really interesting part of the film since the rest of it is just the "same old thing".  How much speed flying and heli skiing can we endure?  I wonder if the people who run that production company which formerly had something to do with its namesake can be convinced to film in Aspen for ATC?  I think that audiences might actually enjoy seeing some of the most extreme riding that happens on terrain that can be easily accessed by the everyday person. 

I watched it a couple of nights ago here in Big Sky.  The Mono section was good fun, and to my mind the only really interesting part of the film since the rest of it is just the "same old thing".  How much speed flying and heli skiing can we endure?  I wonder if the people who run that production company which formerly had something to do with its namesake can be convinced to film in Aspen for ATC?  I think that audiences might actually enjoy seeing some of the most extreme riding that happens on terrain that can be easily accessed by the everyday person. 

SSSHHHHHH, I'm working on it...

• 2 weeks later...

The ladies in the beginning and the monopolization segments were the best! I grew up in So Cal and had the privilege during my formative years to have Warren Miller actually narrate live on stage on several occaisions at Redondo Union High School auditorium. Other than those two segments, the movie was boring. It was filled with way too many snippet clips as I call them. Where each clip goes by so fast you have to close your eyes to avoid an epileptic seizure... Smooth panning long shots filled with stoke and awe were substituted for close up and repeat shots. I don't think anyone made more than 3 turns in any one clip. Seth and Rob were entertaining and charismatic and I would love watching two hours of just their adventure to Kathmandu over the entirety of this clip fest.

On another note. I would love to see a production of carving videos that demonstrate and highlight our sport/s (as I am rolling the mono guys into our culture because skiers had disowned them long ago) a solid 42 minutes of ripping turns would be sick! I've seen the great edits from past trenching conventions and expression sessions but a real movie would be pretty cool