Note to New Members ×

Carving snow... and water

Vincent

Fun video!  

I probably should try a kite.  I have a 1/2 square mile of open field behind my house with nothing in it, and consistent winds.  

It's fun!  I just started 3 years ago, but have not gotten out much.  You can probably find some used kiting equipment on Craigslist near your residence but I would strongly suggest getting some lessons first.  If there is not much up by you I am sure you could hit someone up when you go to Colorado for the trenching sessions.  If I remember correctly you do go there, don't you?  Anyway, for me I started because my small local ski areas were kind of boring and took 45 minutes to drive to.  With a kite I can drive 10 minutes to a local lake and have fun!

If you have some step in bindings it would make snowkiting with a snowboard that much easier, however I would find a twintip until you get good at kiting so you can do toeside all of the time:)

• Like 1

Explaining the intensity of a carve to someone who never experienced it is somehow difficult. We all know this feeling of pure liberty. It's one of the most satisfying feeling I knew... until I tried kitesurf! It's hard for me to explain to you... It's something you have to live to understand. My advice, go for it! You will rapidly become totally addicted!

• 4 weeks later...

Explaining the intensity of a carve to someone who never experienced it is somehow difficult. We all know this feeling of pure liberty. It's one of the most satisfying feeling I knew... until I tried kitesurf! It's hard for me to explain to you... It's something you have to live to understand. My advice, go for it! You will rapidly become totally addicted!

Totally agree.  Kiting (snowkiting) has become my #1 passion.  Still feeling the carves without fear of getting nailed from behind. Also the 3 dimensional aspect of going up :1luvu:.

Nice video.  And nice kite.

Rick,

Fellow Core rider in Colorado