Note to New Members ×

Looking to rent/borrow some gear

stefan

Hi everyone, I've been inactive for a while on this forum but recently moved back to North-America. I ended up in Banff and got a job at Sunshine Village. I've been looking around but it seems that there aren't any hard boot rentals in this area.

When I was living in Oregon a few years ago Bryan (oldsnowboards.com) was kind enough to lend me some gear. I was hoping I could find someone in this area that would do the same? I don't mind paying for it but fortunately don't have enough money to buy a whole new set. 

Back home I'm used to riding a F2 Silberpfeil. Mondo size would be around 29.5 to 30. I'm 6'2" and weigh around 185 lbs. Anything not soft boot would be great. 

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hi, Stefan.  We will be having the Nakiska Expression Session Jan 15-17.  That would be a great opportunity for you to meet many of the Alberta hard booting community and maybe pick up some gear for cheap.  You might have to search for boots here or elsewhere, but for sure there will be boards you can borrow that weekend if not permanently.

• Like 2

Hey Stefan ... I've got a Hot Blast 162 that I'm not riding, and was going to turn into a wall hanging. If you just want a hard boot board to bash around on, I'd be willing to send that out to you for the winter. You'd need some boots and binders though - my spare set are out on loan right now and I don't think I'll be getting them back any time soon, plus all my binders are step ins anyway. You could always ride with ski boots if you got standard bindings, they'd be much cheaper to buy.

• Like 2

This is BOMBER community at it's best!! 

Stefan is a bright , friendly well travelled young man that definitely exemplifies "Life is an adventure"   I can personally vouch for him and will stand behind any transactions he might make (within limits :) )   so don't loan him your Lamborghini on my dime!

I agree, focus on getting some good fitting boots and the rest will fall into place!!  

Meeting up with fellow Bomber members is the key.  Enjoy!!

Bryan  

• Like 1