Note to New Members ×

Japanese Carving Video "INFINITY"

kaz

• 6 months later...

^Have to wonder if that might be an inside joke. Friend of mine had a manual for his old Kawasaki, and the wiring diagram described some of the wires as being 'brue' 'gleen' and 'brack'.  

Then again, he might have been fibbing.

Youngsters on the crew were all abuzz today about the INFINITY footage.  It seems that a whole generation has been exposed to nothing but skidding around on goose grease and duckbutter, not realizing that competent riders railed similar turns on softies in many years ago.

Perhaps we go

Edited by Beckmann AG

Hi B,

Same sh*t everyday but I'm fine.

Winter came here finally. But warmer than usual. It was -16 degrees yesterday. Today, high of -6 degree.

As I see the crazy carving with SB, I sometimes wonder if we should ride alpine snowboards :)

Bruce shipped 5 skwals to Japan last year and is shipping 3 tomorrow including swallow tail.

He shipped 4 alpine snowboards last week and I got a new order, so already 8 boards to Japan this season!

Carving style on softboots (but hardboots too) seems to be different, very different!

The ones take it as a pure sport, the other ones make it to feel comfy on a wide runway-type slope.

"INFINITY" means in my opinion infinity of carving, moves and airs.

Watch on this video here what we think about carving in Continental Europe / Alps: playfull, radical and on any kind of slope.

Carving Europe: (if country restriction use direct-link: vimeo.com/144523041)

Crashes for shure. If you don't/never crash, your ride isn't that radical enough!

As I see the crazy carving with SB, I sometimes wonder if we should ride alpine snowboards :)

Of course we should, for the sake of quality boots and bindings.

Although, I must admit that last few years I enjoy the most my in-between boards and mix up my riding a bit.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

great vid kaz! pretty inspired to commit fully to softies now. still holding onto a kessler alpine for the moment, but might have to flip that to fund a ripper softboot deck... 

I don't want invest in softies again but I really wanna try if I can do same thing like them. :biggthump

Of course we should, for the sake of quality boots and bindings.

Although, I must admit that last few years I enjoy the most my in-between boards and mix up my riding a bit.

I wanna try SBX board with proper bindings and boots. I'm not gonna buy them but just so interesting how to carve like them.

BTW, I met a Japanese carver here at Mount St, Louis Moonstone. (not a mountain tho)

He is free-style carver but he carves good! I just got him a Coiler SBX demo board from Bruce.

I wanna ride the board too but don't have good bindings and boots. 

Kaz, mount the board with your F2 bindings, set them a bit loose, like 1 finger effort to close the bail. Ride your UPZ boots in the walk mode and not too tight buckles and you have a "soft boot setup". You can ride any angles you want from duck to 45 ish forward on full width BX board. I recommend 45 font 30 back for free riding / free styling.

Kaz, mount the board with your F2 bindings, set them a bit loose, like 1 finger effort to close the bail. Ride your UPZ boots in the walk mode and not too tight buckles and you have a "soft boot setup". You can ride any angles you want from duck to 45 ish forward on full width BX board. I recommend 45 font 30 back for free riding / free styling.

I didn't think that way! I have a pair of Deeluxe 325 in Japan. I was gonna use that for the pow-board you guys gave me :cool:  I tried it some times but there is not such a thing as powder here. I put some stiff cuffs on my UPZ so I don't know if I can get that softness :cool: