Note to New Members ×

F2 Intec Titanflex- Any Opinions?

I was thinking about getting a set of the F2 Intec Titanflex bindings for my wife.

She used Burton race plates all this season, and used my TD3 SW standards for one day.

We just picked up new Track 325 boots in Mondo 23. The Burton bindings wont go small enough and I had to turn the toe block around on the TD3, which takes away the bail stop.

Does anybody have these? How do they compare to TD3 SW flexability wise?

Thanks,

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

The "flex" part of the Titanflex is the 10 mm of closed-cell foam that the baseplate rides on.  Overall they are stiffer than the step-in RS but I wouldn't say they are super stiff.  I use them with a pretty soft boot though.

Hold on, the titanflex are the same as the rs with the addition of the 10mm of height, the front and rear of which have a foam foundation which allows sideways movement, just like the sidewinder, so they are less stiff, because of the lateral movement.

I had rs stepins and when the titanflex came out I switched all over, heavy but heavenly.

Sidewinders have limited lift and cant adjustment, f2's have unlimited lift and cant adjustments, the regular sidewinder and the titanflex weigh the same or close, haven't had a stepin sidewinder to weigh.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hold on, the titanflex are the same as the rs with the addition of the 10mm of height, the front and rear of which have a foam foundation which allows sideways movement, just like the sidewinder, so they are less stiff, because of the lateral movement.

I had rs stepins and when the titanflex came out I switched all over, heavy but heavenly.

Sidewinders have limited lift and cant adjustment, f2's have unlimited lift and cant adjustments, the regular sidewinder and the titanflex weigh the same or close, haven't had a stepin sidewinder to weigh.

I thought the titanflex were a titanium baseplate on top of the 10mm absorption piece.

Not sure if the base is titanal, but the round piece it sets on is hard plastic, the pads under the front and rear are foam and flex, the center piece that holds the binding to the board is three or four time thicker then the regular bindings piece and beefy and heavy, and to repeat, they are as heavy as sidewinders but offer unlimited(somewhat) canting options and lift (4-6-8-10 degrees, just stack the shims)

Edited by ursle

The Titanflex is (mostly) the same as the Intec Ti (the step in version of the Race). The Intec RS (sometimes called the Freecarve) is the one with the nylon/ plastic base.

Look at the picture in the link you posted for the titanflex, now look again, it has the 1cm riser with the foam pads, which makes it the titanflex, not the intec ti, and it acts similar to the sidewinder, but has more setup options. The intec rs doesn't have the foam bumpers.

Yes, I was responding to the quote from post #5 that the "the titanflex are the same as the rs with the addition of the 10mm of height". The Titanflex is essentially the same as the Intec Ti with the rider disc and foam pads. It is less similar to the RS- I think post #5 caused a little confusion in post #8.