Note to New Members ×

F2 TRace gap?

MountainSlope

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to know if other have noticed the new F2 Titanium Race binding (6mm thick heel assembly)
is very indirect and has a 4mm gap between the binding and the boot (when partially tightened) and then 
the binding becomes curved and warped when completely closed. We've noticed this with the Northwave
and Burton boots and approx. 2-3mm gap with the UPZ boot. We haven't checked with any other brands.
Does the new F2TR heel assembly fit better with other boots? Let me know... thanks!
Greetings Jennifer 
(see attached photo)

post-304889-0-60952700-1427641746_thumb.

I can't tell for sure, but it appears that the vertical part of the bail isn't completely resting on the plastic behind it.  Is there a gap there, or is it resting on the plastic?  If there's a gap, the bail might be bent.  Remove the bail from the plastic by folding it forward and pulling the sides out, then lay the bail on a flat surface to see if its bent.  

The newest version of F2 TRace is built that way. It is out of the box new and not bent.

When they switched from 5mm thickness, to 6mm thickness, they made the heel assembly

a bit longer to make it easier to step into the binding causing this gap which you see on

the photo. The plastic blue 3D printer version is the one we made to correct this gap

problem. Instead of having to buy a whole new binding, athletes can just replace the heel

assembly with the one we created. They are currently in production and will be available

for sale in May. Many other WC/EC have shown us that they also have the gap with

UPZ, Burton, Head (We haven't checked any others yet) and have pre-ordered a

heel assembly from us. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed the indirectness with

the newer F2 binding. Maybe someone rides with Raichle or Deeluxe and doesn't have

the gap. We just noticed it very pronounced with the Northwave Point Boots because

they are the ones we use.

Greetings Jennifer

I have both 5mm and 6mm versions of the binding and don't have the problem you describe with my HSP's, both with stock heels and with Bomber Fintecs.

Corey- I'm assuming the 3D printed version is just a prototype and the production pieces they speak of are being made from metal. 

Corey- I'm assuming the 3D printed version is just a prototype and the production pieces they speak of are being made from metal.

Right. Sorry, early morning 'duh' moment for me. I was picturing it failing as you closed the toe clip. LOL!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...