Note to New Members ×

Help, Intec heels coming loose on my RC10s

Bobby Buggs

Disassemble inspect, replace parts as deemed necessary to restore to 100%  Inside that boot is like a poultice as it gets wet and then repeatedly dries. Any sign of rust or corrosion ( in the case of stainless fasteners ) on the screws I would replace them. Unless you used a torque measuring device the first time you tightened them you need to recheck them after a short period of use . Not sure if 12 years fits into that time line ?

Buggs, not having a 'Thread Pitch Gauge', I'd suggest removing one of the screws and take it to a 'good' hardware store (or Industrial Supply) to check for size and proper thread pitch. They may have a 'Thread Pitch Gauge' to check it with. If not, thread the screw into a nut (guessing between 4-6mm ?) Find the one that it screws all the way into with no resistance. This should tell you the size needed. If they do not have the style or material screw you need, check McMaster Carr, Grainger, Fastenal, etc.