Note to New Members ×

F2 Bindings, Heel/Toe Lift/Cant

Mxjas38

I was looking into getting my wife a pair of the F2 Titanflex bindings.

How do you adjust the cant and heel/ toe lift on these?

I would be more inclined to go with the SW stepins so we could combine and each have a stepin on the rear foot since I have standard sidewinders. The problem would be she needs a Mondo 22 boot and the SW's would need some modifications.

Thanks,

Jason

I use the titanflex, step-in

Lift is achieved with 4 mm plastic shims and cant is achieved with 1mm shims that like the lift can be stacked.

Yyzcanuk has replacement packs of both, when stacking the 4mm shims, longer hardware is necessary, stainless.

The titanflex weigh about as much as the sidewinders, but you can get 8 degrees of lift and have full sideways cant if necessary.

As it just so happened, I needed to swap the center discs on my F2s tonight and was reminded of this thread.  I took a few pictures to help you see what needs to be done to adjust lift/ cant.  This applies to both toe and heel ends of the bindings.

First, you need to expose the two screws.  On the toe blocks of either bail type or Intec, and the heel blocks of the bail type, you need to move the block in all the way to access the screws.  The screws holding the heels of the Intec bindings down are out in the open, so no adjustment necessary.  Here's the toe of my front binding, which is a bail type.

gallery_6437_29_214946.jpg

Once you unscrew those, you can get to where the cant/ lift wedges go.  I like my front toe raised 5mm, so I moved the lift block out of alignment so you could see it better.

gallery_6437_29_590086.jpg

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Some advice as well as a question for the rest of you:

Here's a picture showing the underside of the base plate.  The screws will thread into the T-nuts.   If you examine the base plate, there will be a small notch that the t-nut should sit in as it's being tightened.  Pay attention to this as you put the bindings back into place as it may have shifted during the process.   Make sure the dampening pads are in place as well before remounting onto the board.

post-399-0-86170600-1423623203_thumb.jpg

I purchased these bindings here recently and noticed that the base plate is different than the other F2 titaniums I've had.  Note the space in the base plate between the t-nuts.   Did F2 change up their plate at some point?

Good point, Gabe.  The two pairs of Race Ti bindings I have don't have that slot.  Question:  Are the other F2 bindings you have without the slot Intec or Race Ti?  My immediate guess is that the slot is there to allow a bit more movement of the heel in the roll axis, since the Intec heel/ binding interface is stiffer than a regular bail.  Kind of like a split tail board in a way.

The one in the picture are Intec Titaniums - Medium.   I also have 2 other sets of Race and Intecs and neither had the slot; both were Large.   I've seen other mediums without that slot and I believe the base plate size is the same regardless of the binding size.

Good point, Gabe.  The two pairs of Race Ti bindings I have don't have that slot.  Question:  Are the other F2 bindings you have without the slot Intec or Race Ti?  My immediate guess is that the slot is there to allow a bit more movement of the heel in the roll axis, since the Intec heel/ binding interface is stiffer than a regular bail.  Kind of like a split tail board in a way.

I just checked baseplates of my Race Ti (2 sets: 5.5mm & 5.9mm bails) and Intec Titanflex but there did not have the slot.  

MAYBE the slot is added to prevent breakage of the baseplate (especially in-between the t-nut holes), which I haven't experienced. 

• 6 years later...
On 2/6/2015 at 9:40 PM, That Guy... said:

As it just so happened, I needed to swap the center discs on my F2s tonight and was reminded of this thread.  I took a few pictures to help you see what needs to be done to adjust lift/ cant.  This applies to both toe and heel ends of the bindings.

First, you need to expose the two screws.  On the toe blocks of either bail type or Intec, and the heel blocks of the bail type, you need to move the block in all the way to access the screws.  The screws holding the heels of the Intec bindings down are out in the open, so no adjustment necessary.  Here's the toe of my front binding, which is a bail type.

http://bomber.invisionzone.com/uploads/gallery/album_29/gallery_6437_29_214946.jpg

Once you unscrew those, you can get to where the cant/ lift wedges go.  I like my front toe raised 5mm, so I moved the lift block out of alignment so you could see it better.

http://bomber.invisionzone.com/uploads/gallery/album_29/gallery_6437_29_590086.jpg

Hope that helps!

6 years later and you helped me find how to access the screws for the toe. 
thanks -saved me from asking the question to the group 🙂