Note to New Members ×

Buying Thor gloves

kjl

I used Thor gloves for the first time this season.  Got about 50 days, they still look almost new.  They could have been warmer a few days, the lack of waterproofing was only a problem a few days in the Spring, and I would much prefer a drawstring at the cuff rather than the Velcro which doesn't totally keep snow out.

I messed up my order and paid $12 too much.  He said he'd refund me, but it didn't happen for a while and emails got no results.  A PayPal money request got instant results.  YMMV.

DeWalt DPG751 looks interesting.

Edited by Jack Michaud

20+ years ago, a group of snowboarders at Crystal Mountain WA commissioned a leather crafter to make gloves. We had about 10-15 pair custom made based on the outdoor research brand mitten. They were bomb proof. A slow bake in a very warm oven while slathered in conditioner(can't remember the brand) and they came out supple and waterproof. The guy even used our hand tracings for sizing and attached a small Monogram patch with burned in letters so we wouldn't get them mixed up. A simple fleece inner for $5-10 and they were perfect. Some got long gauntlets, I chose medium/short and still like to use a short cuffed glove with coat over the glove to keep snow out. These worked well both ways (over or under coat sleeve)

I try not to touch but do more so, on toe side turns. My coat cuffjust below the heel of my hand takes the brunt of wear. Fingers on the snow mean broken knuckles and fingers for me.

Currently using Burton Ak leather and have been very happy with them. Going to buy a pair of those rigger gloves for sure just to see... Have a great off season.

Edited by slopestar