Note to New Members ×

TD3 Step-in’s vs Burton race plates “center of gravity”

starcarver

I have three sets TD3 step in’s with 0 degree cant disk on my boards, but the TD3’s are very high off the board compared to my standard Burton race plates.

The TD3 puts the boots one inch higher than the Burton Race plates. See pic

I am trying to lower the center of gravity. All of the EC and Pureboarders seem to run no cant or lift. 

But I would still like to use my Intec (Fintec heels).

Is there a low profile Intec binding?

post-3652-0-22165200-1421795246_thumb.jp

Just measured my F2's for ya.  I have a regular Race Ti bail binding on the front which I keep flat, and an Intec rear with the supplied heel lift wedges.  The lowest they'll go is 1 3/8".  That's measured at the platform that the sole of your boot rests on.  The highest, with heel lift is 2 1/4" and that's at the top of the hole on the side of the Intec receiver.  Since the Intec heel doesn't rest on the binding, I measured to a point on the hole; I figured that was more comparable to other step ins than anywhere else, really.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

All of the EC and Pureboarders seem to run no cant or lift. 

Curious where you are coming up with this. While I'm sure it can be done without, all the Pure Boarding set ups I have seen run a cant/lift plate under the rear binding. It is the stock plate, I believe about 6* in line with the board, that comes with the Carve Company Speed TC. With Intecs, being more rigid than ideal to start with, I definitely would not want to run flat on both bindings....but that's me. 

Pardon me, the plate is 7* - http://www.carvecompany.com/index.php?id=single-view&L=1&tt_products%5BbackPID%5D=60&tt_products%5Bproduct%5D=16&tt_products%5Bcat%5D=11&cHash=683a7e4b8fbb2234c1af834a8fbbbf5d

csm_200013_CC-Speed-7-Keil-vorne_39edebe

Edited by dingbat