Note to New Members ×

Alpina Snowboard Hardboots?

kipstar

I have seen various GStyle and other boots here in Japan, but recently, saw this pair of boots called an Alpina Hardcore Snowboard boot, and then I looked them up on the interweb.

I am drawing a blank what molds were used to make it, it doesn't look like any of the usual suspects.

Anyone have any idea?

Surely it is not the Northwave moulds (I don't think it is).?

post-669-0-22689600-1421637403_thumb.jpg

Maybe it is a new mold? Alpine snowboarding has to be growing in Japan? Fin has magazines from Japan that are thick and full color and have lots of ads for boards boots and bindings and articles on riding. Too bad I cannot  read  Japanese. I rode a pair of Alpina boots many years ago but these look like a different boot. Good to see someone making boots as we need more companies doing this to keep the sport going.

Edited by snowboardfast

I had a pair of Alpinas in the mid 90's, I think they were called "Top Rat".  They were very neon pink and green and ended up with shell cracks in many places.  I think Damien Sanders was one of their sponsored riders.  They also made my feet hurt.  

Correct Neil, I rode the same boots for many years.  They were modifications of the climbing boots (climbed and rode Mt Hood from the summit on a pair of bright yellow and white Valugas.  Not so light but worked pretty good.  They also made variations used by AT , ski coaches and my buddy ED.  We road the "Concordia" black and purple for quite some time.   Great boots!!

Alpinas were pretty hot for a while, probably sub standard in comparison to todays boots but that is true of most boots from the 80s. 

They were NOT Intec compatible then, looks like they may not be in the black pair shown above either? 

• 1 month later...