Note to New Members ×

Please help with sizing!

vitger

Have you tried either of the boots on?

Heres some knowledge for you: A 27 and a 27.5 are the SAME boot. The shell size is the same, the liner is the same, the only thing different is the thickness of the footbed, the 27.0 has a thicker footed to take up some volume. If you end up using your own footbeds, the 27.0 footbeds will get tossed anyways. Or, if using stock footbeds, once the boots are broken in, the 27.0 thickness wont matter anymore. If you go 28.0, you will be in a boot that is too large right of the bat as far as length, and it will always be too big. Better to grab the 27's and have a bootfitter work with them. Smaller is always better whenever possible, the snugger the fit, the better performance, feel, and control of your board.

PS, you should remove your post of the same topic on the classifieds section, it is posted in the wrong place, and plenty of people will see it here which is the correct place! ;)

Find out the shell size. To cut costs, boot makers only make one shell for several sizes, and make up the difference in the liner. Since you'll be throwing the worthless stock liner away and buying Thermoflexes anyway, it won't matter if 27 and 28 use the same shell (I don't know if they do).

Also, take the Shell Test.

with burton the sizing works like this 27.5/28

28.5/29 and so on

so if you get a half size it is actually the next shell size up

if you can, the best thing to do would be to pull out the liner and check and while you are at it put your foot in and see if can get a finger or two behind your heel more than two is too big l

if one finger gets in there but tightly chances are you could make it work with a good bootfitter

I don't know how it is with Burton, but with every ski boot I have ever sold the shell size is 25.0/25.5 same shell, 26.0/26.5 same shell, 27.0/27.5 same shell, 28.0/28.5 same shell, 29.0/29.5 same shell, 30.0/20.5 same shell. So if your feet actually measured (X).o to (x).5, you would go with the shell sized x.5. In this case, you would go with the 27 if that is your only choice. If you were bigger than (x).5, but smaller than (y).0, then depending on your preference, you could go either way. Nothing will tell the tale like the shell fit test as suggested by Jack, due to differences in shapes of feet or shapes in shell, and you want to forget that you are a 9 1/2 or 10 1/2 or whatever. Make sure you measure your feet in mondopoint. I just bought some Deeluxe indys in a 29.0. and my feet measuered almost 29.5 exactly. I would have been swimming in the 30.0's. As ncermak stated, you cant shrink a big boot, but you can work with a smaller one.