Note to New Members ×

I got a new Coiler snowboard as a Christmas present.

kaz

Thanks! I'm visiting my family in Japan this year and bringing some Coiler demos with me. I will have Coiler demo events in Japan at least two days :)

I wanna visit you guys some day soon and of course bring some demos with me as well.

demos.jpg

Looks like fun!

Like you I recently got a GoPro, upgrading from my old Contour HD1080P. Spent a few nights working out how to best use GoPro Studio and the various file types I have.

GoPro Studio is a great free editor!

- especially because the Cineform codec it uses is virtually lossless while allowing relatively quick editing.

It has a couple of other virtues though you may not be aware of.

One of the best video stabilisers out there is the Deshaker plug-in for Virtualdub (also freeware!). Virtualdub (freeware!) primarily handles .avi format video. Go Pro Studio first converts .mov and .mp4 files to .avi via the Cineform codec. These files can now be handled straight away by Virtualdub without having to resort to a frame feeder like AVISynth.

Go Pro have also made the Cineform codec available free

Link:  http://cineform.com/gopro-cineform-decoder

and you'll also need the rendervfw.exe file

Link:  http://gopro.com/support/articles/unable-to-encode-into-the-gopro-cineform-coded-with-3rd-party-applications

NB: Make sure you put the rendervfw.exe file in the correct Tools directory

and so you can now output stabilised video from Virtualdub using the Cineform codec. This allows you to plug the stabilised video directly back into GoPro Studio for further editing. And the great thing is, all these programs are free, and work really well.

The choice of pre-formatted outputs in GP Studio do a good job of preserving quality while reducing file sizes, while the Archive .avi allows you to view the final result in quality I can't tell from the original file from the camera.

If you get really into it you may want to use DubMan (free!) to batch process files through Virtualdub Deshaker. Then you can snowboard for a few hours while your computer deshakes the previous days footage.

If your computer can handle it the 64-bit version of VDub & Deshaker is substantially quicker than the 32-bit versions(surprise, surprise). Both co-exist side by side on my computer.

However, AVISynth isn't yet able to feed frames to the 64-bit VDub, so I'm using the 32-bit version to convert my .m2ts files from my Sony DSLR to .avi, before I deshake them and then output them using the Cineform codec so I can then edit them in GP Studio.

Go Pro Studio will happily meld together the resulting .avi files of Full HD 50fps video from my Sony and Full HD 60 fps video from the Hero camera, outputting at 50fps.

Even if you don't have a GoPro, GoPro Studio is available free and is worth a look.

Edited by SunSurfer

To www.oldsnowboards.com

I have never done any racing but was taught by racers including a pro-racer. So that's why my riding may be similar to racing style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWDDErypYXk

To lowrider

The boards in the picture are demos and test boards :)

I can ride so many type of Coilers because I live close to Bruce. I'm lucky :)