Note to New Members ×

Anyone at Mt. Bachelor this week? Looking for instruction.

anke

I will be there from Tuesday, 12/30 until Thursday, and would love to link up with someone who can instruct me a little. 

Really need help with my heel side turn, maybe looking at my setup/stance, and body positioning as I am going down the mountain. I've been on an alpine board since 2007, and feel I have bad habits due to never having had lessons. Won't be able to come to SES next year, and spent plenty of time reading the Carver's almanac, but theory only just doesn't work for me.

Any info appreciated. 

Will be back in the Tahoe area for the rest of the season, so if anyone would ever consider giving me a full day lesson, or knows of an instructor, please speak up as well. Of course I am willing to pay, I am really serious about improving.

Thank you.

Edited by anke

I might be able to help you out Tuesday afternoon.  I'll know for sure tomorrow.  I've taught a few carving lessons.  Looking like wind chill value of -25 that day, maybe that will scare some people off of the runs.

Edited by Keenan

Keenan, we must have posted at the same time, because somehow my previous comment just disappeared.

Thanks for coming out with me and giving me some good pointers. I am installing 0 cant bindings right now, brought my old step-in Blax bindings, and will see how riding flat will make me feel.

I will also take the Madd out today :-)

We finished our day with an Irish coffee, walked back to our car, but it wouldn't jump. What a buzz killer at 0 Fahrenheit. It's been a while since I experienced such cold temps!