Note to New Members ×

Wild Duck / What do I have?

Vfrog

Found this very old but never used board in a storage shed at a local board shop.  Has to be at least 10 years old or more.

Does anyone have any info on this thing.  Asymmetrical in that it is for a goofy rider only.  It is really stiff.

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

Thanks for the replies.  So it pre-dates the Sword.  Any idea then how old?

I would consider selling it.  I have never mounted it up and feel I would not have the skills to ride it.  Still learning on an old soft Airwalk Force 67  and an F2 El Diablo.  I only have one set of Catek OS2 bindings so not convenient to move around too much.

I almost went to sell my boots , bindings and boards but decided I wanted to give it another season first.  The info on Bomberonline will help me.  Only a couple of other hard plate riders on my small hill.

My problem is that I teach snowboarding on soft boots most weekends and run my own telemark school.  Have not had much time on hard plate yet.

I also have a set of the Catek FR2 bindings that I would like to sell.  Not sure Bomber is the place for them.

Yes You do have a 20 Years old Wild-Duck Crusher 164.

I was digging and I just read a detailed test report about that board of 1994/1995 season.

You should keep-it, try-it, ride-it.

And than let us know which edge (toe side / heel side) would be the Wild-Duck one and which would be the Lame-Duck one!

The board earns 3 of 6 stars, like WD World-Cup get it too. WD Knifer was than at 2 stars only.

Myself I prefere to ride boards at 6 or 5 stars (42 Alpineboards on test, 1 get 6 stars / 10 get 5 stars)

If You prefer to ride wide open and well groomed slopes of powder-snow, it doesn't matter how many stars the board get.

Otherwise ask oldsnowboards.com if he take it as a gift.