Note to New Members ×

️️Mammoth Night of lights Weekend

slopestar

Hopefully we won't revert back to an older version before I lose another post but just having the forum here is amazing so that's enough of that... Heading up Friday 19th of December. Breese, it's BYODVD for the AWD swagger wagon. Otherwise you will hear lots of reggae... I think we wil have at least 5 Donek's on board between the two of us hoarders

Got diverted to China Peak because of Christmas travel plans.  Any one ever ride there?  

China Peak has a good variety of terrain when they have enough snow to open up all of it. Kaiser under chair 2 is good for carving and chair 7 is good if you want to escape the crowds. No high speed chairs and the amenities are a little basic when compared to Mammoth.

When are you going? I'll be up there visiting family and plan to ride China Peak on the 27th.

I'm here now.  Leaving on Tuesday.  Yes, you're right.  They need snow.  Only two groomed runs -- the longest -- Academy and Tollhouse (jibber-ville) but I got a lot of good runs in even with the limited run selection.  It was a bit crowded but I've seen a lot worse at Summit.  Lift op said they were going to groom some of the upper west side tonight.  We'll see...