Note to New Members ×

can someone with a 177 coiler all mtn weigh it?

rikytheripster

got a ups quote of $145! kinda steep. havent tried fedex you needed to be a member and could not be bothered to sign up. usps ment they could not take a package over 60 inch that weighed 10+ lbs. Thus i am trying to calculate how much a 177 all mtn would weigh so i can ask usps if they would take it.

Yeah but i need to makesure before i buy a bord from one of you guys only to find out when they go to usps that they wont ship it. The guy from usps mailed me and clearly stated they would not take a package over 60 " if it weighed over 10lbs thus i need to know how much a 177 all mtn weighs. One of you must have one and a set of scales, surely?

I don't know where you are getting these rates from. One board in a box that is about 180cm should not cost more then $25 to ship anywhere in lower 48. I have shipped many boards via brown and FedEx. None cost more then $25. By far the cheapest way to ship it is via FedEx ground. I think it'll be around $15 bucks.

Originally posted by bschurman

BTW, a coiler 177 AM with the 21.5 waist is 7.5 lbs.

->Ben

you sure on that one? you just weighed one? If so, I stand corrected, but...I find it hard to believe.

keep in mind that the packaging necessary to ship a board safely would easily add 2-3 lbs to the actual weight of the board. Thats a lot of cardboard

Originally posted by D-Sub

you sure on that one? you just weighed one? If so, I stand corrected, but...I find it hard to believe.

keep in mind that the packaging necessary to ship a board safely would easily add 2-3 lbs to the actual weight of the board. Thats a lot of cardboard

Yup, I just went down to the board humidor, pulled out my AM and weighed it. I agree that the packaging would add some weight but the bare board weighs 7.5 lbs. Add your own packaging to come to a final weight.

->Ben

USPS is not the agent you should be checking. Coiler is in Canada, which would be Canada Post - however none of their services allow international packages over 1.5 m in any dimension.

A quick check with DHL shows a shipping charge of over $250 - that can't be right, if it is - yikes! Maybe you should just email Bruce and ask - he may have shipped outside of North America before.

EDITED TO ADD: I note Blue Tomato ships boards from Germany to Canada for around 50 euros using DHL. Don't know if they have a special deal or what, but that's just another data point.