Note to New Members ×

Mid-170s softboot setup

tex1230

Hey all

Long time no see...

I'm looking for a all mountain / decent powder softboot setup. Thinking Lib Tech Litigator or one of the shorter Tanker sizes (172 preferred) if anyone has a decent mid-170 board let me know.

I'll probably be in the market for stiffer highbacks and a pair of the sturdiest boots I can find. One step at a time.

Price is a major factor for me. Trying to stay sub- $250 for the board.

Thanks all

Tex

I have two options for you. Burton Asym air or burton alp. Both the wood grain finish 171 length. I use them for powder riding or steeps. $50 plus shipping for the air. $75 plus shipping for the alp

good boards for soft conditions. I currently use k2 cinch bindings with this set up.

Let me know

lamberto

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a pair of Nidecker Act Carbons I'd be willing to sell. I originally bought them for parts--not because they're in bad shape, but because they were a size up from what I actually needed. My wife tells me I have too many "parts" bindings hanging around our basement currently ;) I think $75 plus shipping would work.

Hey Tex,

My apologies--I pulled out those bindings this weekend and they were in worse shape than I remembered. Probably best to keep them in the parts bin.

An FYI on boards, I just saw Salty Peaks in Utah finally put their NOS Tankers on sale for a more reasonable price ($299). They're the 01/02 full cambered models in 172 and 177 (wide), made at the Volkl factory in Germany. After all these years I'd confirm the amount of shop wear they have, but could be worth it. The 172's are cap contruction, but supposedly that was a burly, damp year for Tankers.

Thanks - yes I saw the tankers...almost bought one but B came through with something more interesting.

He also has he OSin 3800s for a similar price.

Nice! Whaddya get from B? Always interested to hear news and reviews about different carvy softboot boards.

I grabbed one of the 172 Tankers. Just arrived yesterday, minty fresh and still in the wrapper. They had an interesting APO Apocalypse a few weeks back too that had a +10 sidecut. The graphics were a little Lord of the Rings/80's Heavy Metal, but at under $200 someone snatched it up.