Bricky

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys,

I've gotten a few additional requests for Friday Night and Saturday lodging night at my place but I'm full. A few folks are on the "waiting list". I got the okay from my ski club for a few bunks for Wed and Thurs night for my guests since I can't get up there until Friday evening. The cost for those two nights is $25 a night and it's less than a half mile from my condo.

If I had more advance notice I might have been able to secure the entire lodge for a mid week session (Sunday Night to Thursday Night?) for $25/person/night. It sleeps 38 in seven bunk rooms (including a designated "snoring room" and has six bathrooms. It's five miles from Okemo. If you want to try this again next year let me know and I'll run it by the club's board of directors. I won't be able to arrange anything for weekends because the club members will need it then.

Okemo's groomed cruisers are about to experience some serious carving. I'm looking forward to learning from you guys who know what you're doing!

Pat

Pat, I'm not sure if Greg (Chubz) let you know, but we plan on doing the Ski Club Wed & Thur nights, then your place Fri & Sat. Just a heads up, THANKS AGAIN. looking forward to it, hopefully Winter will get here before Summer!

jp1

Holly and I (being new carvers) are interested in coming up there, but I know it's pretty late in the game and we have no clue if we could find semi-affordable accommodations *anywhere*.

Anyone have any ideas? Should we try to come and wing it? Are nearby hotels insanely priced?

Thanks,

Scott

Shepherdstown, WV

Scott, worst case , there's bunks in Dover,VT(Mt Snow) for $15 / night . All the way from WV :eek: ,it'll be worth the effort:p . I've got a nice long flight back from Brasil later today. Jonesin'BAD to get back on the snow. You can email me for details on the Dover digs if you like.~~~~Big Willy Style Trenches~~~~

Guest jeremiah

Scott,

If you can't find anything else you can have my room in West Dover for free. My wife isn't coming up that weekend, and I'm staying at a friend's place in Stratton as it's closer. It's a nice small house, supposed to have 8 people in it, but about 2 out of 3 weekends my wife and I are the only folks there.

(I would offer a place at Stratton, but it's actually my friend's parents, and I don't feel comfortable giving it out.)

Jeremiah

hi,

being that I can't really go out West as I want (very ill family member), I'm interested in this. I don't have time now to read this entire thread, but what airport would I fly into and I assume I'd have to rent a car? How many people are confirmed to attend?

thx,

Barry

The largest close airport is probably Bradley half way between Hartford, CT and Springfield, MA. It's about 2 hours from Okemo.

Take I-91 north to Exit 6 in Vermont. Left off the exit on 103 and follow it all the way to Ludlow, VT. Careful - 103 makes a right turn in the town of Chester. Also, the speed limits are strictly enforced in the small towns.

Bricky,

(per the request for vid in yyour initial post) I have a bunch of vid on dvd from a couple early eces' and other days that I'll bring up if this thing is gonna go off.

Anyone gonna be at Loon this Sat (2/26)? Nice hard snow at 8 am, no crowds on North or the basin and I'll have the cam in case anyone's feeling photogenic.

I have added quite a bit more information. Go to the original post. Especially see:

Why Carve Okemo in '05 ?

Group ticket sales. I haven't received much interest in this and we need 20.

Mountains of Distinction

TonyZ's Best Carving Runs

Startingate Store info

Attendance List

and some other small stuff.

Print the whole thing out before you leave for Okemo.

Guest nucarve

Hello slope slappers,I'm 10 runs new to this g-force rush.Started out on alp 5.0/race plates/burton boots(for sale $150) and went stupid on a donek f/c/catek/head.Just getting some turns linked and was told about Eric Brammer(hope spelling is right).Hope to meet Eric and other sharpened riders at Okemo 03/09/05 to 03/11/05,maybe into weekend if cash allows.There is cash for Mr.Brammer if he feels like mentoring a pain stricken newbie,nothing like learning from a pro.I have gotten past the get the ___out of my way phase,i have a little control,looking forward to soft corduroy and patient people!!!!

Originally posted by Bob L.

Anyone gonna be at Loon this Sat (2/26)? Nice hard snow at 8 am, no crowds on North or the basin and I'll have the cam in case anyone's feeling photogenic.

I would LOVE to come, but my car's in the shop right now and won't be back till the weekend's over. I'm on the north shore too, think I could mooch a ride?

I'm itching to get up there to get a day on the new secret-weapon before I head off to Steamboat.

eMailed you my contact info.