Bricky

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest aikidan

I'm sure my skills are not up to the level of most of you, but I'll join the fun for a day and keep watching for details. I bet I'll learn a thing or three from seeing you all carving up Okemo. It's a nice mountain.

dan

I still have a couple bunks open for Friday and Saturday night. I can't promise that the new whirlpool tub will be installed by then but there is a shower upstairs. Our place is in Proctorsville, about five miles from the mountain. We're the top 2 floors on the right in the photo.

1grrtf

Pat

Thanks Pat, got it. I did a bit of R & D for OKemo. They don't discount tix for ASC passholders but do discount for "MTS of Distinction" Mts (you'll have to figger out which mts apply). Group rates start at 20 + tickets(3 day is $122 but only $87/3=

$29 a day= not bad)Talked to Chris Doyle in advertising and he referred Matt Lillard in Group Sales. Maybe someone dialed in with OKemo can contact the hardbooters/instructors that work on the mt. Where did Bricky go ? BTW, "value season" starts 3/14. doh!

Guest jeremiah

I think that these are the "Mountains of Distinction":

Jimminy Peak, MA

Wachusett, MA

Mount Sunapee, NH

Briston Mountain, NY

Holiday Valley, NY

Hunter Mountain, NY

Windham Mt., NY

Shawnee Peak, ME

Jay Peak, VT

Okemo, VT

Crystal Mountain, MI

Wintergreen Mtn. VA

Mont Saint-Sauveur, QU

Seven Springs, PA

Liberty, PA

Roundtop, PA

Whitetail Mt. Resort, PA

Oddly enough there appears to be no discount for Statton passholders, doh!

I will have at least 2 bunks available in West Dover if anyone needs a place to crash. It's about an hour to Okemo, and I may have more room, depending on what the rest of my house is doing that week. (House boss just bought a big place at Stratton, so may have more room.)

Soooo, any work on demos and such yet?

Jeremiah

• 2 weeks later...

I might have to travel to Boston for a week at work, and will try to schedule my trip so that I'm there for the weekend of March 10-12.

Is anybody coming up from Boston that I could hitch a ride with for those few days? If not I'll rent a car...

Any suggestions on where to say? Do any of you who had bunk beds / sofas / etc still have any space available?

I haven't skied on the East Coast since I left Boston in '96 -- it'd be great to meet you all and get some carving in while travelling for work :)

Thanks,

tom.

tpalka, Wish I could help you out better, but information on this seems to have dried up. I've made a couple of attempts to e-mail the original poster for any updates, with no luck,. Hopefully he's out west enjoying himself in great conditions.

I do know that 'patmoore' who originally posted bunks, is all filled up, but if you contact him, I think his ski club 'may' have facilities available ($25 / day)

I know a few of us from Pa / NJ are planning on driving up on Wed.,March 9th, probably staying at the 'ski house' Wed & Thur nights, and riding Thur., March 10th through Sat., March 12th.

Wish I could help you out better, maybe we'll get an UPDATE !

jp

Don't know what happened to Bricky. But I am planning to attend. I have friends that are going to be at Killington that week so I may do Thursday with them at Killington. Friday and Saturday I am planning for Okemo. I'll be bunking at Pat's penthouse for Friday/Saturday. If Bricky or someone would arrange things such as demos, discounts, free beer ... things like that, it would be a plus. But I'm really more interested in carving with other hardbooters. Unfortunately my schedule, work/school has me too swamped or I would take the initiative to look into those things. Peace

DEFINITELY would love more information on this. Let's hope it hasn't dried up, as such, completely!

I'll be headed up from Ipswich, MA, so if anyone needs a ride from that area, they're welcome to cram into my tiny car.

Updates on housing possibilities would be great too. $25 for 'ski house' lodging? Sure!

Thanks for the replies! I was beginning to lose faith :)

I'll plan on bringing my gear to Boston and plan on making it up for a day or two -- Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun. Hopefully someone will have lodging suggestions, the $25 bunk sounds great.

As for demos, beers, etc, no worries on any of those. I'm primarily interested in carving with other hardbooters, so as long as the snow is decent and people want to carve, I'm sure it'll be a hoot.

tom.

If March roles around and you still need a cheap place to stay there is a Hostel in town about a quarter mile from the mountain. It's called the Trojan Horse Hostel? they've got a website. It's about $25 a night and you need your own "bedding"- not a sleeping bag.

I contacted the original poster, and he assured me, It WILL be happening, and an update WILL be comming soon! I know of several people that plan on being THERE. Although it may not have 'All the Bells and Whistles' of past events, I'm just hoping for a chance to get together with a bunch of others and ride.

Heck I've never seen more than 3 Alpine riders at the same time until this past weekend @ Stratton. Must have been a dozen of them things on the hill !

Definately neat to watch others and see the different styles, etc. One time up their were 6 of us on the lift, and wouldn't you know it the 'goofies' outnumbered me 5 to 1.

jp

I get that too! What's with all the goofy carvers? We're a regular minority! No oxymoron intended!

Anyway, looks like I'll be getting back from a week out at Steamboat on the 10th, but if I'm still in one piece, I'll come up to Okemo at least for the 11th-12th (that's the weekend, right?)

I've got a few boards I can bring, if people want to "Demo" or buy them. Even one with the old-school 5-hole bindings!