Note to New Members ×

Timberline Friday 1/20

Mike T

Looks like it's supposed to be nice out tomorrow, Palmer and Magic Mile should have some snow left on them even after the recent meltdown. I'm thinking MH Meadows is going to be pretty bad until they get more snow, that is if they even bother to re-open.

Who's in?

Originally posted by Sean

Bummer about the Cascades. Every western WA area presently sux the big one as well. Guess I shouldn't rub it in too much lest we get schwaked with a drought next season, but Sun Peaks is rocking and rolling!

Sean:cool:

Can you sneak me aboard your plane and drop me off in Kamloops ;)

I had great snow the first week in Jan while at the Monashees Cat boarding -town of Sicamous BC . Drove through kamloops and wanted to stay some extra time to try sun peaks out. (Maybe next year, I rebooked) Excellent outfit if anyone is interested its called Monashee powder's anstey area. Dates are jan2-6...

What is the closest area to OR/Wa that has decent snow? know of any good fly/ski deals?

Jim

Originally posted by P06781

What is the closest area to OR/Wa that has decent snow? know of any good fly/ski deals?

Driving-wise, interior BC seems to be the closest place with snow, if you want to get on a plane, Delta has plenty of non-stops between PDX and SLC.

D-Sub, let us know when Bachelor gets tolerable again!

Well, at least they are committed to full operation.

My brother was up there today, and said

they were reasonably busy.

One thing for sure...I bet

they wish KGW would move that

camera, and point it at Mt Jefferson, like

it usually is!

Originally posted by jason_watkins

Actually, I'm headed to bachelor next weekend with some buds... thanks to that $60 for 2 zupans deal I won't be particularly upset if conditions arn't so hot though.

hit me up when you get out here, man

I havent ridden since last week actually, when it rained for 3 or 4 days. Today it was probably about 45 or so on the hill, and skies were crystal clear with medium winds. I had a bunch of stuff to do and my girl had the day off so I figured tackle the stuff thats been neglected

from what I understand the high pressure is supposed to hang out through next week?

its an odd feeling right now...because the constant fog and clouds were getting to me, and now its gorgeous outside, and yet...pretty big tradeoff. I think I want the storms back:)

so yeah Jason...D.L.Spang at gmail dot com

god damn that is depression

I guess I'm just gonna have to win the lottery and move to tahoe or something if I wanna snowboard more than a handful of days this season :mad:

D-Sub: sounds good

If anyone else is wandering that way, I should be riding the 28th, 29th and 30th. The canned food day is a bit of a tradition with some buds. Hopefully this year buddy #1 won't spin the van into the snowbank again :D

I'm ready for this nightmare to be over- Meadows is now suspending their operations through at least Wednesday,

and I'm just completing a week off of work.

But in a classy move, Timberline is giving season pass holders

to Meadows, or any other resort, a 25% discount on lift tickets.