Note to New Members ×

Snowmobiling goggles for carving?

two_ravens

I am so excited - I just picked up some goggles with a nose piece - commonly used by snowmobilers, which I am hoping will keep my poor schnoz from freezing on the many single digit, sub-zero, and wicked wind chill days that I ride. Don't know why I didn't think of this before. Has anyone tried using goggles like these for riding? I'm always fogging up my goggles by pulling my neck gator up to try to cover my nose, or I ride with my hands over my nose - neither strategy is terribly effective. These look a little funny, but then so does frostbite....

post-6122-141842415335_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842415339_thumb.jpg

The helmet that these goggles are meant for.

post-6122-141842415342_thumb.jpg

Michelle, the size was my biggest concern too, as most bubbleheads I know are rather large people. I ordered these online without trying them and was astonished that they felt almost too small for my face - and I have a tiny head. The foam sits a little closer all the way around my eyes than either my Zeal or Uvex goggles. I definitely recommend trying before you buy if possible, but these were on sale for so cheap I took the risk...

Can't wait to try them next winter. At White Pine, the typical weather forecast reads something like: High 28, wind chill to -43 (that example is from 2 weeks ago!) And that's a warm day!!!!:eek: