Note to New Members ×

TD2 fitting question

xcxre9

Hey all-

Just got the TD2s in the mail, and I'm setting them up with my old Oxygen Protons... the front clip has me worried though, it doesn't have that "snap" that my old burton bindings did when clipping it down. The front of the boot seems to be so wide it might interfere with the front mechanism a tad. Anyone had similar?

cheers-

Chris

When you say back off a turn or two, you mean the screw that touches the front part to the top of the boot? i played around with that, and didn't make much difference.

the bindings are set as large as they will go...the boot size is 11, which should be easily accomidated.

i took them out yesterday for a run before wasting anyone's time with this questioning, but as the front parts didn't really "snap down" on the top of the boot (it stayed between 1/4" and 3/4" up) the boot actually came out of the binding once. i decided to pack it in after that. glad it was a day at mountain creek and not killington.

anyone had this happen? is it the size of the boots? are the protons notoriously too large?

Originally posted by skategoat

I found that if they don't "snap", it's usually because they're too tight. Try backing off a turn or two on either the front or rear binding.

I think 'Goat might be talking about incrementally lengthening the distance between the toe and heel blocks. I could be wrong, though.

I'd hazzard a guess at the fact that the heel and toe bail blocks are set too far out and that is why the toe bail won't go over-centre as it should .

I'd be doing some experimentation with where the blocks are and see if you can find a solution.

Mozz

Thanks guys for all your help, first of all.

as the top plate wasn't snapping down as hard as it usually did for me on my old bindings, i assumed the bindings were too small, as if the front plate were further out, i would get that close angle that i needed.

it looks like i was going backwards... by putting the front plate one little notch CLOSER to the back, it seems to snap a little harder.

the only thing that makes me uncomfortable is just what i said..."seems" to snap a little harder. having my front foot come out while on a turn was quite a sobering experience, thinking about how i was going to hit a clutch pedal with a leg roken in 4 places.

in any case, i'll try it this way the next time i go out, maybe i'll hit the creek again this week.

still open to any ideas on how to judge a "failsafe" fit.

rock on!

chris