Note to New Members ×

Anyone going to Mammoth this week?

skategoat

Just a last callout to anyone riding Mammoth on Friday or Saturday (Jan. 21 & 22). Would love to ride with you or go for beers and garner some local knowledge. I just read about a guy who got lost for 11 hours at Hemlock. I wanted to ride off-piste but I'm reconsidering now. Shoot me an email. I'll check again on Thursday morning.

Guess who's not going to Mammoth? Me.

I'm sitting at home writing this after being sent home from the airport due to a wildcat strike. Apparently, the baggage handlers for Air Canada feel they are owed something more for throwing around a few bags.

No flights out tomorrow which basically screws my business meeting in LA.

Do yourself a favour boys and girls and avoid this crappy airline if you can. Unfortunately, us Canadians have little choice. We can only hope that Westjet expands and puts Air Canada out of its misery.

yeah that really sucks, man...

any way it might happen just a little later? Still have Feb, March, and April...maybe even May (sometimes its still winter in mammoth in may)

?

hell...with the conditions as they are there right now, Im so fcking tempted to just drive down there! I miss riding the trails and glades on 25, too. Trails are a little steeper but a good carver would have a BLAST there

if you DO make it out there, DONT forget the backside (chairs 13 and 14?) some very fun stuff back there!