Note to New Members ×

Stevens Pass

Waboarder

With several feet of new snow since the weekend I figured today would be a good day to finally get some legit pow turns.

I was not disappointed! 18" in 24 hrs and 7"+ overnight at 24* it was awesome. Gave the Nomad a good work out for about 3 hrs .

Unfortunately mid-winter break put a ton of people on the hill and it got tracked out pretty quickly. All of the stashes that have been

lacking coverage were good to go and tons of fun. After a ton of mediocre days this season today was great. Back up this weekend

but it looks like the storms will be done tomorrow. Groomers should be good though and I may even break out the hardboots. Back down to

Hood for the next 2 weekends.

Saturday and Sunday were both awesome pow days at Stevens, despite the crowds. All of our favorite inbounds trees and chutes were good to go.

Low to mid 20's, lots of new snow , great days. Sunday being the best, that is until while riding the steep trees skiers left of Double Diamond (for those

of you that know the area) I tagged a tree with my knee completely tearing my ACL,MCL,PCL and ripping the quad muscle off the bone. Season over,

maybe able to return next. Have to wait and see.

OUCH!!! so sorry to hear this Warren

sending healing vibes your way!

I wrapped it around a tree at silver 20yrs ago riding a steep powder tree run, and know the pain. surgeons are a lot more capable these days.

shop around/get recommendations from others who've had successful rebuilds from your area.

Skilled experienced surgeons make all the difference.

Becki blew out her ACL a couple yrs ago and changed to a highly recommended local Dr.Faggard; he replaced the acl orthoscopicly with a cadaver ligament, minimally invasive and highly successful. She was back on skis a year later.

Your injury is more extensive for sure, but should be recoverable. don't skimp/put off the physical therapy, it'll bring you back.

Troy

Edited by b0ardski

Troy, Thanks for the kind words and advice. I've only met a few of the folks on BOL, some from Mt. Hood and a couple from Schweitzer

along with a few that I've not really met but purchased gear from. Its a pretty awesome community when you get well wishes from a complete stranger

and you can send hundreds of dollars via certified check to another complete stranger and have your gear arrive in a few days without worry! Thanks again

Looks like a long hard road ahead, but I'm going to do my best to get back on the snow by at least sometime next season.

NO!!!!!!!!! Damn it!!!!!!!!!Say it isn't so!! I am very sorry to hear this Warren. Much postive energy headed your way.

Saturday and Sunday were both awesome pow days at Stevens, despite the crowds. All of our favorite inbounds trees and chutes were good to go.

Low to mid 20's, lots of new snow , great days. Sunday being the best, that is until while riding the steep trees skiers left of Double Diamond (for those

of you that know the area) I tagged a tree with my knee completely tearing my ACL,MCL,PCL and ripping the quad muscle off the bone. Season over,

maybe able to return next. Have to wait and see.

• 10 months later...

Golly.  Stevens is being hammered by rain.

Extreme Weather Closure
Well folks... It's just not a very nice day up here. We've received over three inches of rain since closing time yesterday, and it's still coming down hard. After taking a good look around this morning the decision has been made to not open today. It wouldn't be very fun for you, it wouldn't be very fun for us (most of us anyways, we've got some wacky people up here), and it would be detrimental to our snowpack. Please see our conditions page for more information and our thoughts going forward.

• 2 months later...

Oregon (mt Hood specifically isn't much if any better) water content measurements on Mt Hood are showing 20% of normal at the normal measuring locations.  I have heard it is even worse than this would imply.   Bad news.