Note to New Members ×

worldchampionships in whistler

Guest tigger

Klug has his work cut out for him-- up against #2 Andreas Pommegger from Austria. Too bad Justin Reiter and Adam Smith have been paired up aginst one another- oh well, the clock doesnt lie! GO TEAM USA!!!

http://www.fis-ski.com/pdf/2005/SB/7110/7110SLRF.PDF

Jasey Jay Qualified #3, he'll be in with Urs Eislen should he make it through the bracket!

Guest dragon fly jones

Ohh Kent, you are so right, I went to a party with her one time way back and she ended up leaving with Karl Michel. That lucky puke. Everytime I see her or Caroline C, or the Saurkraut sisters I thank my lucky stars that I coach!

YeeHaw.

Guest dragon fly jones

Jasey Jay WINS!

Adam Smith 4th

Justin Reiter 10th

Chris Klug 15th

Pete Thorndike 44th

Michelle Gorgone 11th

Alex Loo 20th

Stacia Hookum 22nd

Lisa Kosglow 30th

Rosey Fletcher 39th

Jen Grace 45th

WOW

I just got back from Whistler this evening and all I can say is that those competitors ars superhuman. The conditions, to quote an Italian team member I saw in the village the conditions were "sheeeeet". I was on the mountain yesterday and it was worse than marginal. Ever changing conditions, sloppy, heavy, goggle glue. It was like looking through stained glass. I did not go on the hill today due to the conditions, solid steady rain. What I could see from the village was pretty interesting. I watched 2 competitors eject from the ruts simultaneously, however those that finished were incredible. I wish I could have stayed for tomorrow but I couldnt get the day off. I have driven to Whistler many times and this was the hardest rain I have ever seen. North Van and Horseshoe Bay were getting pummeled by rain. Congrats to JJA and all of the rest. They deserve it for being able to survive the elements! I just wish I could have seen some of the boards up close.

Guest jeremiah

Where is P.V.E.? I thought NJ was the high-maintenance woman capital of North America. Luckily living in NYC mellows them a bit, and going to Vt every weekend helps too. If I could get her to Idaho more than every 18 months, I'd be the high-maintenance one.

Jeremiah

married to a Jersey girl

Originally posted by Kent

Urghh..

You guys keep talking about JJ while Chuck and I will start our own discussion....

k

Nice pictures. And I bet I know how much professional retouch goes to such pictures that includes the "main actor" on them. They are made on one of my computers for "those" magazines :-)

Anyway, is spring coming? SOme people seem to mumble in fever... what a "beauty".

I guess some need to see a beauty yet:D

After picking up a specially designed board two days before the event, Anderson had just enough practice runs to understand how good things could be for him.

"I've always known I could do it," Anderson said. "Every event I went to I knew exactly what I had to do, but there's always something holding me back. . . . Equipment pulled through today."

[snip]

"I proved it to myself," Anderson said of his ability to win when it truly mattered to him. "At least I put my money where my mouth was. It wasn't a smoke show. It was the real deal. I'm glad I could actually prove it to myself it was equipment."

[snip]

"No matter what I'm doing the board knows where it's supposed to go and it does its job," said Anderson, who is the World Cup overall points leader.

"It holds its edge on everything. You can be drunk riding this thing."

Too bad the article didn't mention that the board is a Coiler, but even so Bruce is gonna have to clone himself to keep up with the orders now.