Note to New Members ×

Donek Razor 164

scrapster

For Sale: Donek Razor 164 ($425 shipped in U.S.) OBO

23.75cm waist, 9.5scr, probably best for >150lb rider in softies, hardbooters could go lighter

Yes, this is one of those elusive 23'ish cm waist boards that many of us wish companies made more of! In fantastic shape--really no wear that I can see. (I've used it maybe 6 times.) It has extra dampening from Donek's Saber model, super scratch resistant Carbonium topsheet and a slightly blunted nose with a little rocker for a racy look :cool: What can I say? It's a great board that I had designed to be the perfect softy carver with freeride versatility. It just turned out a bit stiffer than I prefer.

Board is hardboot compatible. Discount for local pickup!

post-6931-141842408888_thumb.jpg

post-6931-141842408966_thumb.jpg

post-6931-141842408968_thumb.jpg

Edited by scrapster

howdy scrapster

why do you do this to me? looks like a super fun board. somebody grab this before i do.

;) Compulsive Tanker purchase is requiring some board offloading. I really wanted this one to work. It was the result of a heckuva lot of testing by me and I think the shape and specs are spot on. And I did have some great fun on it. Edgehold is superb. But I know that going too stiff for your weight is ultimately a losing battle--it just makes everything harder than it needs to be.

Must resist! I'm riding something similar. You say too stiff for you... What is your weight if you don't mind? I'm riding a very stiff glass and bamboo core custom Donek with very similar heritage to this board. More info on construction? Photos are from said board ridden with softies and powerplates

Hi Slopestar. I'm just a hair under 150lbs. The board is perfectly rideable for me. I just need moderate speed and proper body positioning to flex it correctly for carving. The core is the standard for the Razor, I just asked Sean to add the Saber BX dampening. (I did that to a previous, 160 Razor and like the results alot--should have kept that board.)

Slopestar, It probably would depend on what you planned to use it for (freeride v carving, hardboots v softies). It's certainly much stiffer than any production freeride board that I've ever flexed (save for maybe a Steepwater)--so it could handle a big guy for that. I'm guessing it's mid-range BX stiffness. For carving with hardboots, yeah, you'd likely be at the top of the range for peak performance.

Please add weights to a backpack and take the board for test runs. When you hit the point at which it's flexing properly, please report the optimum total weight to us. :D:D

Just kidding, but I gotta make some conversation to prevent myself from trying to buy it. I weigh in around 155-157, so it would probably still be stiff for me.

Please add weights to a backpack and take the board for test runs. When you hit the point at which it's flexing properly, please report the optimum total weight to us. :D:D

Just kidding, but I gotta make some conversation to prevent myself from trying to buy it. I weigh in around 155-157, so it would probably still be stiff for me.

OR, you could just eat more. What's a little unhealthy weight gain compared to owning such a great board? ;) In all seriousness, since I weigh in at 147--I'm thinking 160 is the start of the optimal range for this one.

Mark, er.. Scrapster...

I am currently trying to replace a Custom X and have a pair of F2s to sell, so i might be abe to come up with the scrilla for this one. However, I plan on using this as my "all around", meaning i want to nose press / butter it and take it through the park, etc... perhaps I could demo it at the Rally? I promise, no park riding during demo periods! (I thought Jeorg was going to kill me last year when I took his pureboard through the park).

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you buddy!

Hey there,

That could work if it doesn't sell beforehand. Not sure how it would do in the park though! I tried to ollie off the nose once and it shot me up into the air. Feel free to bring the bindings of your choice, or just let me know and I can set some up for you.

Mark, er.. Scrapster...

I am currently trying to replace a Custom X and have a pair of F2s to sell, so i might be abe to come up with the scrilla for this one. However, I plan on using this as my "all around", meaning i want to nose press / butter it and take it through the park, etc... perhaps I could demo it at the Rally? I promise, no park riding during demo periods! (I thought Jeorg was going to kill me last year when I took his pureboard through the park).

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you buddy!